X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 1400MM PETIE BLUE P-51

HAVE THIS KIT BUT NEED THE CORRECT FMS SERVOS TO PUT IN PLANE, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PART NUMBERS? JUST NEED RUDDER ELEVATOR ALERON, FLAP SERVOS.

I don't have this plane anymore but the early versions and the one I had (V8) uses the same servos. Horizon Hobby lists the V8 version of this plane: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...M008PRTX.html#
    Take a look at the manual (p. 20) and it tells you what servos you need. You'll need mostly 9g servos, normal and reverse in different places (slow ones for the flaps but you can use regular speed for those and dial the speed down on your TX). Look at the size of the cavities where you need servos and this should tell you what size you need. The 17g servos are bigger. Then go take a look at the parts list and you can then order the servos you need from your local hobby shop (if you live in N. America) who likely deals in Horizon products.

Comment

thanks man!

Comment

Get the metal gear servos as well, replaced mine in Big Beautiful Doll years ago and have had not problems with them.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

hi, I have the old version of petie blue, the one with no slide out battery tray, how should I make lipo stay in there?

Comment

Try using velcro. Stick (glue) one part inside the battery well and the other to the battery. Get it out by lifting the rear end and then pulling the rest out.

Comment

Or... I've found that Shelf Liner works great and is much easier to deal with then Velcro. Just stick it down in the battery tray. No need to tack anything onto your batteries. Once you set the battery in place and strap it down, it isn't moving anywhere. Removal of the battery is less of a struggle as well.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

The problem with planes43's situation is that the battery goes into a sort of tunnel. It is not possible to install a battery strap to hold it down. That's why FMS went to a battery tray that slid in on rails and locked in place. Here is a picture of this tray and the tunnel the battery goes into. Without that tray and rails, it is very difficult to reach in there to install a battery strap, let alone get in there to do the strap up. My 1700mm FMS Corsair is the same way - no tray, no rails, no straps. There are two ways to hold down the battery. One is via velcro and the second is by installing some kind of strap at the rear of the battery tunnel to prevent the battery from falling out. On my Corsair, this is not too bad since the battery goes as far forward up behind the motor firewall as possible to achieve the proper CG. I'm not sure about the old version P-51. A spacer may have to be made out of foam before it can be strapped in from falling out backwards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-27 154938.png
Views:	196
Size:	685.6 KB
ID:	351599
                Imagine there being no tray or guide rails. One would have to do a little inventive modification to hold the battery in place. Of course, you can always buy the newer tray and guide rails and epoxy it all in place.

Comment

It won't fall out backwards because the front of the canopy is there... Right?

Comment

That is a conundrum right there, for sure! I must admit to not knowing the inner moldings of the FMS models. Velcro is definitely the best bet in this case.
                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      It won't fall out backwards because the front of the canopy is there... Right?
                      It won't fall out such, but it can slip back up to a couple of inches before hitting the front canopy bump, depending on the size of the battery used and where in the tunnel it needs to be held in place. With my Corsair, even the heaviest 900g, 6s battery needs to be right up against the motor firewall. On this P51, it calls for a 4s and as small as 4000mah, so it may have to be held far forward. It's been a while since I had my V8 version when it was 4s. There's a lot of space up there for movement.
                      Thinking back about it, if it were me, I'd buy the battery tray and side rails and find a way to secure the whole thing in the tunnel. I believe Horizon can still get that piece.

Comment

I know it was just about impossible to replace the rails in the V8. Probably a lot easier to add ones in a plane that never had them.

Comment

I think you're right.

Comment

Working...
                          X