X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by airotroy View Post
    Hope you got yours by now and can relay some info.
    What kind of info were you looking for? I flew mine many times before winter hit.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      What kind of info were you looking for? I flew mine many times before winter hit.
      Having probably the worst luck with retracts on different planes of mine - was curious as to how these perform and hold up ? Havn't seen too many people complaining or upgrading.
      Also I think I'v read that the motors are programmed with the Diff thrust from the factory but the reverse isn't ..
      Thanks
      Russ

Comment

Originally posted by airotroy View Post

Having probably the worst luck with retracts on different planes of mine - was curious as to how these perform and hold up ? Havn't seen too many people complaining or upgrading.
        Also I think I'v read that the motors are programmed with the Diff thrust from the factory but the reverse isn't ..
        Thanks
        Russ
        Retracts have so far held up really well - no complaints here. Eventually, I will put on some softer tires to help with the bouncy landings but having said that, I'm getting much better at it, so I'd say 10% of my landings are a little bouncy but manageable. I fly off GeoTex, so if you have grass, I'm not sure how they would hold up if there's a lot of lumps and bumps. (My old Dynam C-47 was the same way and softer tires eliminated the bounce.)

Yes, differential thrust is programmed in. Reverse is NOT and you have to have the ESC programmer from Eflite to do it. It's a neat feature but even though a friend has the programmer, I've decided not to bother with reverse. It doesn't need reverse to reduce the landing roll as it comes in so slow, it comes to a stop in a very short distance. The only thing reverse might be good for is to back up to please onlookers and I've got my jets that do that so not needed for this plane.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. Waiting to sell my Nexa Junkers before I lay down 450 dollars for another plane I don't really need - although being from Wichita and seeing these as a kid makes it difficult not to buy now. Thanks again.
          Russ

Comment

I don't think Horizon will run out of these planes just yet and I doubt they will discontinue it before you're ready to buy, assuming you do it before the spring flying season arrives.

Comment

Still really enjoying the Beech 18. My only (and minor) issue so far has been the white plastic fittings on the wing roots for the servo and lights auto connect (also includes the wing pins).

My outer units came loose from the foam at about flight 4. The inners came loose at about flight 8. Was due to lack of glue. I CAed them back onto place, being sure to get them all the way down into the recess. No more trouble.

Based on the extensive discussions on RCG and the discussion on here, this has to be one of the most trouble free and complaint free models releases from HH ever.

Comment

Great info here. Mine will arrive here in a few days. Can't wait. My flying buddy has 5,000 hours in the Beech D18. He was a cargo pilot back in the day. Looped and rolled the darn thing at the age of 21.

Comment

She arrived on time and what a ginormous box. Glad shipping was free. I have a question if I may. I only have one other model with AS3X in it and that never needed any trimming but my question is, I read in the manual that you can trim an AS3X model in the air so long as you don't touch the controls for 3 seconds after doing the trimming. Question is, can those minor trim adjustments be left as is or do I need to make manual trims after landing and reset my trims to neutral on the transmitter ????

Comment

Price is now $319.95 until 4/30/24. Get one now !

Comment

Great flying little twin Beechcraft D-18 I love getting crazy with the reverse thrust. Climb out A couple accidents High cut throttle do a stall turn and hit the reverse thrust. it just gets crazy in the air and I can almost stop it nose down full throttle reverse. LOL!!! try it you may like it

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Smith View Post
                        She arrived on time and what a ginormous box. Glad shipping was free. I have a question if I may. I only have one other model with AS3X in it and that never needed any trimming but my question is, I read in the manual that you can trim an AS3X model in the air so long as you don't touch the controls for 3 seconds after doing the trimming. Question is, can those minor trim adjustments be left as is or do I need to make manual trims after landing and reset my trims to neutral on the transmitter ????
                        You can if you want to some do some do not. I know some just get carried away and fiddle with the linkage so all trims are centered and control surfaces are adjusted for straight and level flight

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X