• Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse 2425mm Antonov An-2 ARF Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	390051

Antonov An-2 2425mm (95.47") Wingspan from Black Horse - Balsa Wood ARF - BHM1015-001

The Antonov An-2 biplane is a Soviet aircraft produced from 1947 to 2001, and is a popular choice for military and civilian operators worldwide. Famous for its ability to take off and land from difficult runways, its durable airframe and impressive payload capacity are ideal for forestry, agriculture and a variety of other purposes. Variants of the An-2 include crop-dusters, water-bombers, flying ambulances, seaplanes and lightly armed combat models.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:5 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model can be operated using an electric power system or with an internal combustion engine about 30-35cc displacement.
    Factory Weathered Printing

The printing on this model has a realistic weathering complete with rivet and panel line detail that elevates the model to a whole new level of scale appeal.
    Naca Airfoil Design For Improved Airflow

The Antonov An-2 utilizes a Naca airfoil design which maximizes airflow above and below each wing for increased lift and performance.
    Electric Power

The Antonov An-2 uses an electric power recommendation with ample room for your electronics but can accept a gas power setup as well.
    Large Wingspan

The impressive 95.4" wingspan offers impressive presence both in the air and on the ground.
    Features:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Panel lines and details printed directly onto the pre-applied, high quality covering
    • Recessed hinges on all control surfaces
    • Pre-drilled hinge mounting holes
    • Heavy-duty pin hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with spring loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed cockpit, pilot and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • Comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Four-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly
    • Fiberglass cowl
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Antonov An-2 2425mm (95.47") Wingspan - ARF
    • Instruction manual
    Requires (Electric):Requires (Gas):
    • Engine: 30-35cc gas
    • Gas Propeller: 25x10.5
    Customer Note
    Black Horse ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine). Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :6+ hours
    Model Scale 1:5.5 Scale
    Wingspan 2425mm / 95.4in
    Length 1710mm / 67.3in
    Weight 9600g / 21.1lbs
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to manual
    Wing Area 130.12 dm2
    Wing Loading 73.78 g/dm2
    Power System 180Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor or 30-35cc 2 or 4-stroke (required)
    Electronic Speed Control HV 120A (required for electric)
    Propeller / EDF 24x14 for electric, 25x10.5 for gas (required)
    Servos
    • Electric - 10x 45g standard (required) - we recommend HRC32645S
    Landing Gear Fixed
    Required Battery TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 5000-5500 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connector in series (required for electric) and 2x 2S 2000-3000mAh LiPo or LiFe receiver packs
    Required Radio 12+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon Heavy Duty pin hinges
    Material Balsa and plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Has anyone built this yet? I just got this for my 13 year old son and I got the P-40. I'm going back and forth with Motion to find the correct prop. The MFG recommended motor and prop are different than what Motion is recommending etc... I'll have to do some serious bench testing. I got stuck with a $17 electric prop they recommended for the P-40 in error. :-(

Comment

So you did not get the 24 X 14 prop? Did you get the Castle 160 with fan? The motor pulls 140 amp peak. Of course, 120 max ESC is probably fine since the weight is only 21 lbs, but I like to size to the motor in case I use them on another plane in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X