Clear All

• Official Nexa 1540mm AT-6 Texan Black ARF Thread

AT-6 Texan Black 1540mm (60.6") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1062-001

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	392117

The Nexa AT-6 Texan ARF is a faithful replica of the renowned North American Aviation T-6 Texan advanced trainer aircraft. Its impressive 1.54m wingspan is complemented by a detailed and scale-accurate design, making it perfect for dynamic and realistic flights, as well as an eye-catching display model. Quality craftsmanship and durable construction ensure long-lasting performance you can count on.

The AT-6 is constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system. This model includes a fiberglass cowl, painted pilot, plastic machine gun and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. Impress at your flying field with this iconic World War II axis warbird!

Features:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including painted pilots, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    Includes:
    • Nexa AT-6 Texan Black 1540mm (60.6") Wingspan - ARF
    • Assembly instructions with stage photos
    • Tail wheel assembly
    • Fiberglass cowling
    • Fiberglass painted pilots
    • Plastic machine gun
    • Fiberglass wheel cover
    • Wheels
    • Engine mounts
    • Fuel tank
    • Plywood wing joiner
    • Decals and all hardware
    Requires:Gas Requires:Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :6+ hours
    Model Scale 1/7.5
    Wingspan 1540mm / 60.6in
    Length 1120mm / 44.0in
    Empty Weight 3300g / 116.4oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 100mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 700Kv or equivalent brushless outrunner motor for electric or .46 - .70 (7.45cc - 11.5cc) for gas (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 85A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 13x8 2-blade for electric or 11x6 2-blade for gas (required)
    Servos 45g metal gear standard: left aileron, right aileron, elevator, rudder - HRC32645S
    17g metal gear standard: left flap , right flap - HRC32225S
    Landing Gear Fixed (included)
    Required Battery 5 Cell 18.5V 4000 - 5000mAh LiPo Battery (required)
    Required Radio 5+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type CA fabric
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Why are there never any comments in these links. All I ever see is the same info the regular ad has in it. Doesn't anyone ever comment on these models. Tom

Comment

This caught my eye but I would want it with retracts and not fixed gear. Any thought on which retract set would go with this? There's nothing in the product description that mentions retract as others normally do.

Also, it recommends a 5 cell battery. I'd rather not buy additional batteries that can only be used on 1 plane. Would it be able to be flown on 6S-4000 batteries?

Comment

I noticed the same thing. Why 5s? I have 4s and 6s and don't want to buy any more lipos either.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231221_222441.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	393258I received mine today. There are discrepancies on the website compared to the box. One is flying weight. Box says lighter at 5.7lbs 2600g. Website says 3300g without battery.

Other discrepancy are the servos. Flaps have 3 separate sections requiring a mini servo in similar size of the hitec HS 82mg each. The ailerons have a hole for a larger mini servo similar in size to the recommended hitec HS 225mg which is larger than the 82mg. However you can trim the aileron holes to take a full size servo.

In the underside of the fuse go up to 3 full size servos, 2 if running electric for rudder and elevator.

The electric retracts you can order are with wire struts. There was no picture. Had I known that I may have looked for another option. It does come with strut covers that help hide it.

Let me know if you have any questions or want specific pictures. I can take them after work tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Smith View Post
            I noticed the same thing. Why 5s? I have 4s and 6s and don't want to buy any more lipos either.
            My best guess is because according to the box it recommends an 870 watt motor. The 770kv motor motion recommends has a Max wattage of 590 watts. I'm assuming that's on 4s as it states that motor is 2-4s. So running a 5s battery would bump up the wattage. But I'm not crazy running 5s when the motor recommends only running up to 4s. I may do a 650kv motor and run it on 6s as I have no 5s batteries.

Comment

Here is a few more pictures. Battery in the fuse is a roaring top 6s 3700. It has to be laid on it's side or the hatch won't close.

Servos on the wing is a full size hitec D645mw on the left at the aileron and the hitec hs 225mg next to the flap cut out. That servo is too big without decent modification. I'm going with a smaller servo for the flaps.

It does have a space for lights in the wing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20231221_225630.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	393266 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231221_225644.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	393267 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231221_225755.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	393268 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231221_225620.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	393269 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231221_225736.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	393270
              Attached Files

Comment

Here are the manul recommendations. Looks like I'll be running 2 mini hitec hs-225mg for the ailerons. And 2 full size hitec D645MW for rudder and elevator. And 3 mini kst servos I already have for the flaps.

My buddy bought the same plane. He is experimenting with retracts. Will post which works best. Click image for larger version

Name:	20231223_183308.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	393373

Comment

So a buddy of mine got the same plane. He maidened the plane today and it flew great. He went with the Motion 770kv motor running a 4s 5000mah battery with a 13x6.5 APC prop. He has a 65g weighted prop nut and about 3/4 of an ounce of lead in the nose. Was plenty fast but flew nice and scale. I'm going to go with the same set up. His plane weighed in at 7 1/2 lbs

This is a small 60" plane. I think the key is to keep the plane as light as possible.

Comment

Hey Fallguy,

I appreciate the info you have provided here; I think other will find it helpful (as I have).

Marty

Comment

If I bought this plane, I would have planned on using a 6s, but based on Fall guy's input, that isn't going to work out well. Just for grins, I ran ecalcs using a 780kv (close to 770kv), 4S using a 13x6.5 APC prop. The numbers look very good. I then ran it for a 13x8 prop. The numbers look great. If anyone is looking for potentially more top speed (sometimes it just isn't there due to drag) and certainly more vertical, I would recommend the 13x8 apc with the suggested setup.

I've been using ecals for a couple of years, built many ARF planes using the data, it's an excellent tool. It' s not perfect, but it will get you real close and keep you from making a big mistake.

Here's a summary of the data for those who care about this sort of thing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the 13x8 prop.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marty 72 View Post
                          Here's the 13x8 prop.
                          Great info, thanks Marty. I'll definitely try the 13x8.

I still think the plane would work on 6s it just may be over kill.

Comment

Working...
                          X