X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing wings SE5a.

Hello all. Mistakes were made. I bought the DW SE5a and I'm regretting life. It's way too big for my car. It's mostly complete, and i made some improvements. However, I screwed up installing the wing removal tabs. they won't align with the thumb screws. I pushed them in until they seated, and epoxied them in place. Now they're permanent and 1/4 inch off. So now I did some surgery on the top center section of the wing, and just added 2 small 1/2 inch long screws, and that should hold it in place.

Alright, here it is so far. These are the early build pics. This was more or a challenge than an ARF should be. I re did the tail skid to make it moveable without the over sixed metal wire tail wheel. Then, the wooden wing locks were another problem. The directions don't tell you how far they go into the wings. So, I pushed them in until they butted against the inner spar and figured that's where the anchor point was. Yeah, wrong. I had to do surgery to fix it. Wasn't too happy.
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240229_200555_HDR.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	398803 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240229_200617_HDR.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	398804 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240302_181615_HDR.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	398805 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240226_182409_HDR.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	398802

Comment

Name:	20240313_181833_HDR.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	398807 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240313_181845_HDR.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	398808 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240313_181854_HDR.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	398809 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240313_181906_HDR.jpg
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	398810 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240313_181942_HDR.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	398811 Now here's the finished product after re paint, new decals and weathering. The Decals were old, and lost their bond strength. .

Comment

Ok, Here's the Video. https://www.facebook.com/christopher...94706523291644

Comment

And now the Landing. https://www.facebook.com/christopher...10301693346023

Comment

Here are some pics at the field of the maiden flight. Click image for larger version

Name:	20240314_170044_HDR.jpg
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	399119 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240314_170057_HDR.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	399120 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240314_170110_HDR.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	399121 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240314_170234_HDR.jpg
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	399122

Comment

I have the 800mm version tough build do to parts not lining up. Poor illustration lack of explanations can you help? Mostly with step by step descriptions

Comment

Originally posted by 1Sandybeach! View Post
                  I have the 800mm version tough build do to parts not lining up. Poor illustration lack of explanations can you help? Mostly with step by step descriptions

Comment

Hey Chris,

I'd like to see the video but not sure anyone can from the link. It maybe this site restricts fb, not sure. Here's the message I get when I click either of your links.

Name:	image.png
Views:	69
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	400366

Comment

Sorry guys. I tried re uploading the video. I was not able to because of various reasons. The links I have up are from My Face Book page. They still work, but we have to be FB friends. I'm Christopher Curran on FB. Hit me up there and the videos will work. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by marty 72 View Post
                        Hey Chris,

I'd like to see the video but not sure anyone can from the link. It maybe this site restricts fb, not sure. Here's the message I get when I click either of your links.

Name:	image.png
Views:	69
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	400366
                        Hey Marty. You may have to become FB friends with me. I made a post here as to the issues I'm having uploading.

Comment

If you have the 30 inch wing span 'all balsa' version, I probably wouldn't be much help. It's a totally different kit.

Comment

Chris I have the newer hybrid version no balsa, plywood and foam the main thing is poor instructions

Comment

Chris I have the newer hybrid version no balsa, plywood and foam the main thing is poor instructions
                              Oh that one, ok what are you struggling with? If you tell me, maybe I can walk you through it.

Comment

This is my maiden flight of the Dancing wings Se5a

Comment

Thanks Chris for posting on youtube. I don't real do anything with FB anymore. Any chance we'll get to see the landing?

Looks like the plane will fly fairly slow (which is good). Are you happy with the way it flies? Did you ever take an all-up weight for the plane?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by marty 72 View Post
                                      Thanks Chris for posting on youtube. I don't real do anything with FB anymore. Any chance we'll get to see the landing?

Looks like the plane will fly fairly slow (which is good). Are you happy with the way it flies? Did you ever take an all-up weight for the plane?
                                      Anytime marty. ok the landing's up, I didn't understand your question about an "All Up weighted". I love how the plane flies. It's true scale.

Comment

Thanks for the landing video. I would say based on the landing, that the plane looks to be lightly wing loaded which is great (that's why it flies scale). I have a Seagull Neuport 28, it's beautiful and it flies great, but its heavily wing loaded, so it has to be flown fast and landed fast. It's a shame because it just doesn't fly scale.

This brings me back to the question I was asking, All up Weight. What I mean is the total weight of the plane, ready to fly (including battery). Have you weighed your plane, battery weight isn't important, as it's easy to add.

Comment

Working...
                                        X