Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jody Shaneyfelt View Post
    they're black because I just broke one trying to look.. lol
    That's an early release, the latter ones are white.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

TiredIron, you have done a fantastic job on her! Can't wait to hear about your maiden. I am still making repairs on my Meathound from Saturday's crash!

Bob

Comment

I have been working on B-17 #4 to join the Meathound, Aluminum Overcast and China Doll. B-17 #4 will be B-17F a/c #41-24561 of the 359th Bomb Squadron of the 303rd Bomb Group (H).

I have added a nice working bomb bay. I have also come up with a working bomb drop device to separate the action from the bomb bay doors opening. I want them to be two distinct actions. Now to take my "breadboard" sample and fit it inside the Fortress. My plan is to be able to open the doors and then when the target is sighted properly - drop the bombs.

This has been a long mod as I started with a spare wing and fuselage that I bought from, I believe, Atomic, some long time ago. So on top of my desired mod, I needed to populate the bare wing with electronics, wiring, LEDs, firewalls, servos and motor mounts. On top of this, the wing was a little banged up. I suspect that it was a returned part, but since it cost me about $16 I really can't complain.

Hopefully I can wrap this up soon and move her to the paint department. Decals from Callie are already ordered.

Comment

Boy, I don't know how many times I've drooled over all the B-17s, but wouldn't it be great to see a 2000mm FlightLineRC B-17 with all the great mods that you guys have pioneered on it!!??:P:bluelove
          That's one that would definitely land on my doorstep.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

That and a B-24, I'd be in heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Boy, I don't know how many times I've drooled over all the B-17s, but wouldn't it be great to see a 2000mm FlightLineRC B-17 with all the great mods that you guys have pioneered on it!!??:P:bluelove
              That's one that would definitely land on my doorstep.

Grossman56
              Make her 2180 so that it is the same scale as the LX B-25 at 2000 ( 76' vs 68' full size) and I'll take one please. :Drooling:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I vote for a 2400mm B-29. We already have 2 great B-17s out there, and a 2400mm B-29 would be almost perfectly in scale with the 1875mm B-17. Twin bomb bays, tricycle gear, 4 big 4-blades props, what's not to love? Fowler flaps would also be amazing, if it's not too much to ask :).

Comment

You know what you don't see modeled very often, since we're on the bomber suggestions topic now, is a B-26 Marauder. That plane was the quickest bomber we had out at the time and was quite the bird! The Maligned Madam or the Flying Prostitute as her wings we so short, she had no visible means of support.
                  Truly a classic and would make a cool kit as well.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

There is an A-26 Invader ARF. A guy at our field has one, it's a nice looking plane.

Comment

That's where it gets confusing as the B-26 and the A-26 are two different airplanes, that may be why the Marauder has been lost over time.

Check it out

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Plus one on the B26! Very nice plane

Comment

Hey all you B26 fans. I've looked everywhere and can not find a larger (1500mm+) "quality" B26 anywhere. Dynam has one out apparently but after a closer look at it, it looks like a foamy from the 60's. Very bad finish and detail. Any suggestions? THX Grover54

Comment

Maybe we will see a Flightline 1700mm one 😎
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                            X