Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's your photographer, they really caught some great angles.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

That's what a B 17, right out of the box should look like, like the real thing!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Since I cannot get the HK 1875mm B-17 I found the General Hobby sells one in the same size. Does anyone know if it's the same plane just with different paint?

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          Since I cannot get the HK 1875mm B-17 I found the General Hobby sells one in the same size. Does anyone know if it's the same plane just with different paint?

http://www.generalhobby.com/flying-f...ver-p-289.html
          It is the version 1 of the same plane, still an excellent flier. Major changes to V2 were a slightly better finish, thinner panel lines, and slightly higher KV motors.

Comment

DO NOT buy from general hobby. I'm currently disputing a purchase with them and still no communication. See the links below for more information and customer reviews.

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/General_Hobby https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilico...s-ca-100090773

Comment

I have bought numerous times from General Hobby - including a couple of these B-17s. I have not had a problem with this supplier. I am sorry to see that have an issue, Regatoni5.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                I have bought numerous times from General Hobby - including a couple of these B-17s. I have not had a problem with this supplier. I am sorry to see that have an issue, Regatoni5.

Bob
                did you purchase online or did you go to their store?

Comment

Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post

did you purchase online or did you go to their store?
                  I purchased online. I did not want to drive 300 miles to pick one up! :Straight-Face:

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

I purchased online. I did not want to drive 300 miles to pick one up! :Straight-Face:

Bob
                    ahhh okay. Yeah I don't know what happened with my order or the recent ones. Well we'll see what happens.

Comment

I have also ordered from them twice without issues. Hopefully you can get everything resolved soon!

Comment

Apparently General Hobby is now selling the 1875mm B-17 V2 in green!

Bob

Comment

I've e-mailed General Hobby to verify if they are selling the V2 now. If they are I will be buying one tomorrow.

Comment

Is anyone running bigger batteries than 2200's? I have 1800 & 3300's.

Comment

I run 4S 3300s and 4S 4000s in my B-17s. I used to run a couple of 4s 2200s. They work just fine too.

Bob

Comment

Test with slowly increasing weight to see if the model's performance is still satisfactory to you. (and to make any CG change occur more slowly)

The way the performance changes with weight may be just fine for one person but unacceptable for someone else.
                                For me, the limit is usually how large of a battery I can squeeze in (often with some foam carving to make more room and get the battery to the correct place for CG)
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                  Test with slowly increasing weight to see if the model's performance is still satisfactory to you. (and to make any CG change occur more slowly)

The way the performance changes with weight may be just fine for one person but unacceptable for someone else.
                                  For me, the limit is usually how large of a battery I can squeeze in (often with some foam carving to make more room and get the battery to the correct place for CG)
                                  Agreed. I modified the battery bay floor on all 4 of my B-17s. I cut the foam out and replaced the floor with 1/8" plywood, then covered that with velcro. It allows me to move the various batteries forward or aft to attain the best CG.

Bob
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040548.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	106165Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040550.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	106166

Comment

I run a single 3S 8000mAh
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Anyone out there have an extra chin turret for the HobbyKing 1875 B-17 V2? Had a nose low landing that damaged mine. Willing to pay for it if you have one in your shop. Or if you know where I can get one, please let me know. Can't find one anywhere else on line.

Comment

If worse comes to worse the chin turret is easy to make out of a Testors spray paint lid. That is how I made mine. It actually looks more scale. Sturdy too.
                                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Thank you! I thought about making my own, but did not consider using a spray paint lid. Can you share a picture?

Comment

Working...
                                          X