X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As to the FMS line of their 1700 Airplanes,

While FMS updated most of their 1400 warbirds as indicated by the number of versions of the 1400 warbird series, it seems that FMS has not updated the 1700 size planes, with the exception of their newest plane in the FMS line the F7F, which has not yet been widely released.

I am certainly waiting to see this plane, the early pics on their version of the F7f with their newly designed landing gear really. This plane interests me specifically as it has newly designed landing gear, that is usually the weak link in the RC planes with retractable landing gear.

There is third party landing gear available which is very sturdy, but not only are they very expensive most also take considerable work to mount to the airplanes. In most cases the would more than double the cost of the plane.

Seeing new redesigned landing gear from Freewing and FMS is very promising, as they finally are getting into some sturdy sprung units which are electrical and not the air driven units which require excellent maintenance, and are quite robust but are very costly. I am of course referring mainly to the line of Robarts landing gear.

While FMS has not updated many of their larger planes other than their 1400 series for a few years, with the exception their P-47 in the 1500 size. Now that plane I have heard mainly good remarks about it.

With the new larger Flightline planes being released I would expect to see FMS upgrade their 1700 line of warbirds, and like the new F7F also bring out new models as well in this size..

Comment

I am surprised that with all the R & D that went into this beautiful plane , that they did not put counter rotating props on it......

Comment

Originally posted by Rick227 View Post
        I am surprised that with all the R & D that went into this beautiful plane , that they did not put counter rotating props on it......
        Simply not done due to extra cost...it was suggested though. just not opted for or really needed. does great without it and keeps all the parts the same to reduce cost.

And like "TI" statated below...the real F7F didn't have counter rotating props
        Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Rick227 View Post
          The real F7F didn't have counter rotating props.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Just added this to mine.
            Added a 2.5G servo to couple to the rudder channel to add a little extra flare ;)Overall cost was $20 ($14 for the pilot and $5 for the servo)

Added a 2.5G servo to couple to the rudder channel to add a little extra flare ;)
            Brandon Moon

Comment

I was not aware that the real one did not have them, learned something.....however anyone flying a real twin or even one with a large thrust vector as this model would certainly appreciate it when losing the critical engine.....I can certainly understand the cost factor though.....either way it looks like an awesome model...FMS did a nice job with this one ..

Comment

Something else the real Tigercat didn't have was massive protruding rivets on the forward fuselage and wings. Most of the FMS F7F looks fantastic. Especially the gear. I just cant get past why they decided to cover it with warts. What a waste of time, effort and expense by the mold maker. Somebody should have caught this error in the design phase.

Comment

Well, you're right, but they are not actually that big when you see it in person. I kind of like it and adds to the way it looks...AWSOME!!! ;). They actually wear down a bit to with typical handling back and forth to the field, so they start to appear more flush, but yet visible.
                  Brandon Moon

Comment

I love the rivets, that's what sold me on it.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                      Something else the real Tigercat didn't have was massive protruding rivets on the forward fuselage and wings. Most of the FMS F7F looks fantastic. Especially the gear. I just cant get past why they decided to cover it with warts. What a waste of time, effort and expense by the mold maker. Somebody should have caught this error in the design phase.
                      No raised rivets on these birds.....just a little light-hearted humor. :)

Comment

Also a good looking and flying plane, just has NO rivet detailing at all ;) Especially like the one Evelyn is there with. Very fond of that airplane ;)
                        Brandon Moon

Comment

Just saw this one on the Horizon site. Dang $549.00........................................... ......................

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Just received the La Patrona silver edition......guess what Brandon!! Counter rotating props!!! Personally I think it’s great....I know....the real one didn’t have them.....but nice touch FMS....A little disappointed on engine detailing though

Comment

Just installed a Mr RC sound system. Only has one TT25 speaker but ordered a second today. Hope to try it out tomorrow.

Comment

I bought the Tigercat silver version few weeks ago and my first maiden didnt go well, found the cg wasnt right. I was only using a 6s 4400mah lipo and should of put around 5oz in the nose and I didnt. But yesterday was a good day on the remaiden , put 4 1/2oz in the nose and I also changed the direction of props to spin outwards just because how well they worked on the Flightline version. So the takeoff was great and used zero elevator trim in flight which told me the 70mm cg was right on. The video posted was the 2nd flight and pretty much got the landings down
                                Just need to get some 5000 or 6000mah lipos for it

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                  Just saw this one on the Horizon site. Dang $549.00........................................... ......................

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...lue-fmm100pblu

Mike
                                  I bought mine straight from FMS cause Horizon was going to charge me $60 in taxes plus they dont carry the silver version

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post

I bought mine straight from FMS cause Horizon was going to charge me $60 in taxes plus they dont carry the silver version
                                    Wouldn't you pay the taxes anyway once the shipment arrived from FMS? The silver version is listed as being in stock now. Maybe it just came into stock a couple weeks ago. My local hobby shop (in Canada) gets their FMS stuff from Horizon and mine should be here next week. By the time they do the conversion, add in their shipping, brokerage and profit margin, I'm actually paying a little less than what Horizon would charge me, plus Horizon would have charged me some whopping shipping charges on top. Purchasing directly from FMS with free shipping, I would have saved $15.00 but that would have been eaten up with the brokerage fee. I preferred to give the business to the local shop.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Wouldn't you pay the taxes anyway once the shipment arrived from FMS? The silver version is listed as being in stock now. Maybe it just came into stock a couple weeks ago. My local hobby shop (in Canada) gets their FMS stuff from Horizon and mine should be here next week. By the time they do the conversion, add in their shipping, brokerage and profit margin, I'm actually paying a little less than what Horizon would charge me, plus Horizon would have charged me some whopping shipping charges on top. Purchasing directly from FMS with free shipping, I would have saved $15.00 but that would have been eaten up with the brokerage fee. I preferred to give the business to the local shop.
                                      FMS doesnt charge taxes , it was shipped from there Florida warehouse

Comment

Finally got a video of mine. I like it a lot. The intricate retracts alone was worth buying it.

Comment

Thats quite an approach angle with that hill there! Great flight

Comment

Working...
                                          X