Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem hopefully some of you guys have figured this out.

I am having trouble understanding the wiring instructions for the FMS F7F. I do not understand how the landing gear and doors are wired. I cannot figure out how to get the landing gear and doors to function. Could you please answer a couple of questions.

What is channel 6 used for?

Where on the board do I plug in channel 5 ?

What are the two unmarked servo connections attached to the board . Are they the bay door servo plug and worm gear servos and where do they plug in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 1.48.31 PM.png
Views:	422
Size:	695.1 KB
ID:	304993

Is this the current diagram for the plane ?

I have all other control functions operating correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Fleming
    Attached Files

Comment

• That appears to be the correct diagram for the connectors. I've attached photos of what they look like on the plane.
      Here is the wing side of the plug:

Name:	IMG_3831.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	305018

Here's the fuse side of the mating connector:

Name:	IMG_3830.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	305019
      See where it says "plug for wing serial plugs" on the main board? There should be plugs already in those. It doesn't mater which side goes into which plug. They are mirror images so they can be swapped. When you plug the wings onto the fuse, everything on the wing should work (AIL, ELE, Flaps, gear, gear doors, light). Now, if you want to test those servos (do not test the light), you must unscrew the wing board and remove the appropriate servo plug that behind it and use a servo tester to work the individual components. Just remember to open the doors before operating the retract. Insofar as those plug receptacles on the main board labelled, "gear bay doors and retract", those remain empty since those components are controlled via that serial cable.
      The channel 6 is for flaps. Channel 5 on the main board are all empty.
      Did you have the wings on when you were testing?

Comment

• Yes, the wings were on during testing. I am getting closer now everything works, but not correctly. The gear retracts and extends, the gear doors both work fine, just not in the correct sequence. How do I set it up so the doors open first.

I appreciate your quick reply. Thanks for the answer on ch 6. I suspected that. However on this plane is for the drop tank. I 3d printed a pylon to hold an E-flite servoless payload release and 7 is always flaps. Years ago standardized all my functions and switch positions, it helps a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHF View Post
          Yes, the wings were on during testing. I am getting closer now everything works, but not correctly. The gear retracts and extends, the gear doors both work fine, just not in the correct sequence. How do I set it up so the doors open first.

I appreciate your quick reply. Thanks for the answer on ch 6. I suspected that. However on this plane is for the drop tank. I 3d printed a pylon to hold an E-flite servoless payload release and 7 is always flaps. Years ago standardized all my functions and switch positions, it helps a lot.
          Are you saying that the retract shove their way against the door as it opens? If your gear doors don’t open when they should, I would suggest that it’s likely that the gear and the gear door have been plugged into each other’s slot behind the wing board. Unscrew the wing board and check them out. You may have to swap. I don’t remember if the inside of the wing board has any labels. Do both doors do the same or just one side? Compare both sides to see which position the retract and door plug into. That’s where a servo tester will come in handy.
          PS. As far as the flaps are concerned, typically it is ch.6 (or AUX 1). If you don’t select “1 AIL, 1 flap”, the flaps default to ch.6 and switch D (the long one on the front, left side of the TX. If you declare “1 flap” in the aircraft type, then the flap menu opens up and you can pick a different switch but the port assignment has to also be declared if you don’t want to use ch. 6.

Comment

• Ok I have taken the wings off checked all the connections and everything was correct. Hopefully I will get it all reassembled later this evening. Do you know exactly how the sequencing is activated, what controls it. I can't find anything.

Paul

Comment

• It's all done automatically within the FMS main "control box". If the retract deploys before the doors open, then they are plugged into each other's ports.
              BTW, the nose gear door is mechanical, spring loaded - no servo acitvation.

Comment

• Maiden!

Comment

Working...
                X