Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFC Wade that was a great presentation. Wish more builds were shown that way. GENIES. Build looking great.
    Dewey l

Comment

Agreed, nice job there SFC Wade!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hey Thanks Aros, Dewey for your positive comments.

Ran into some problems with the paint job. (Pulled some paint up removing the tape) and Bleeding issues.
        Wish I had painted the white first. Lession learned. Comming along great now...starting to apply the Callie affect today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
          SFC Wade that was a great presentation. Wish more builds were shown that way. GENIES. Build looking great.
          Thanks Dewey...stay tuned for part 2.:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Agreed, nice job there SFC Wade!
            Thank you so much.:Cool:

Comment

Awesome. Refresh my memory, what is the wingspan on this kit?
              It looks pretty scale although my eyes keep running to the engine cowlings as being a bit off, pardon me, but after spending ten years rebuilding one, they're etched into you retinas. All in all a great looking kit though and a great build as well.
              Looking forward to seeing it complete.
              One day I'll do one with our paint scheme, I'd just like to figure a way to remove the astro dome and the enlarged carburetor air intakes and eliminate the cargo doors and make it a real DC-3 and not a C-47 conversion.

One of these days
              Me in the foreground with the rag!
              Grossman56
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan017.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	68292Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan03.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	68293
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                It looks pretty scale although my eyes keep running to the engine cowlings as being a bit off, pardon me, but after spending ten years rebuilding one, they're etched into you retinas. All in all a great looking kit though and a great build as well.
                1600mm, I have three of them...pretty scale but the cowls. cockpit and tail are a little off. I use the Park Flyers Plastic cockpit cover and it makes a huge difference.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Build Complete! Take a look (Build part 2).

Comment

Nice job SFC Wade !! Here is mine I built last year . Be careful with the CG it likes to be tail heavy
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

She looks great! Remember keep your speed up and make high, flat turns...fly it like the full scale one ;)
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Be really nice to see a GOOD built we could get without buying overseas and get the customer support and parts !!!

Bryan
                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          One day I'll do one with our paint scheme, I'd just like to figure a way to remove the astro dome and the enlarged carburetor air intakes and eliminate the cargo doors and make it a real DC-3 and not a C-47 conversion.

One of these days
                          Me in the foreground with the rag!
                          Grossman56
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan017.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	68292Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan03.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	68293
                          Yes I see that. I thought it was me. I have the Dynam C-47 and they don't compare at all. I wonder if that will affect the flight characteristics in any way? The props are very close to the Fuselage.
                          "Great on the job Photos "

Comment

Originally posted by SfC Wade View Post
                            I have the Dynam C-47 and they don't compare at all. I wonder if that will affect the flight characteristics in any way?
                            I may have broached this subject before. I currently fly the Dynam. I also had the Dynam Sky Train (same plane but no steerable tail wheel). The HK C-47 came in the middle. The two don't compare on two fronts. The first is as you've already noted regarding the "scale-ness" and detail. The other is that the Dynam models fly many times better than the bigger one. You know how your Dynam flies. Expect the big one to be much different and much less forgiving. I can do stuff with my Dynam that if tried with the HK one, would have fallen out of the sky. Well, in fact, it did - twice. Just be aware and be prepared. I'd hate to see all that work ruined on the first flight.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              She looks great! Remember keep your speed up and make high, flat turns...fly it like the full scale one ;)
                              Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to keep that in mind while my knees knock. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                I may have broached this subject before. I currently fly the Dynam. I also had the Dynam Sky Train (same plane but no steerable tail wheel). The HK C-47 came in the middle. The two don't compare on two fronts. The first is as you've already noted regarding the "scale-ness" and detail. The other is that the Dynam models fly many times better than the bigger one. You know how your Dynam flies. Expect the big one to be much different and much less forgiving. I can do stuff with my Dynam that if tried with the HK one, would have fallen out of the sky. Well, in fact, it did - twice. Just be aware and be prepared. I'd hate to see all that work ruined on the first flight.
                                Thanks for the info. This will be a very interesting season for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
                                  Nice job SFC Wade !! Here is mine I built last year . Be careful with the CG it likes to be tail heavy
                                  Looks great Hippie. I had Callie give me the blue look. Have not got to the CG yet but will keep that in mind. How does she fly for ya?

Comment

Nicely done SfC Wade! Looking forward to the maiden video!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Great job man. Really pumped to see the madien.
                                      Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                      X