• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! You all have some phenomenal hobby workspaces. Bravo

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
      Ckankel:

Of all those airplanes which one is the workhorse?

Or if you could chime in a little about them.

The Eflite Beast 60e gets the most love. I love the way it flys and it fits in the back of my Trailblazer in one piece. That and my Blade 550x is my go to combo for a simple fun day of flying. The Carbon Z Trojan comes in a close 2nd, just wish it had more punch. Other mid size stuff is on a rotation and each gets flown once or twice a year. I love flying the big 50cc stuff but they can be a pain to assemble at the field so they don't get flown much in these Alabama summers. They're more for cooler weather. The smaller Parkzone and FMS 1400mm stuff don't get flown much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Nice hangar of goodies including the rack of 14 axes!!! And another guitarists is accounted for amongst the Squawk ranks. :)
        Yep! I was about to make a similar comment. Guitars,RC & fishing are my hobbies of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ckankel View Post
          Yep, airplanes are what finally broke my guitar habit. Just exchanged one addiction for another.
          Christ, he sounds like me!!LOL

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Finally cleaned out one of my sheds and made it into somewhat of a hanger. Got the planes out of the garage and the house which of course makes mama very happy. At least now I have a dedicated space to work on my planes. Gotta love it!

Comment

Yep...you got the bug...I'm afraid there's no cure.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hey, it looks good Mburton47, looks like some build space there as well!!
                Just got everything moved into the winter HQ of the OFWA Squadron (Old Farts With Airplanes), better known as my basement.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Nice collection, but a biplane and any on the high end acrobatic shall have a four stroke. The sound when pushing does Gs its unique, very close to scale and realistic.

Electric to me, have there spot, but biplanes is not one of them.

Nice collection and workspace!

Comment

Thanks to all of you with the great comments and yes, I do have the bug.Even on vacation I will take a few of them with me. Grossman 56 I must also belong to the OFWA Squadron because I am definitely an old fart. I try to get out and fly as much as possible but here in Wyoming those days can be few and far in-between. Thanks you guys.

Comment

My work area and where I store my planes. I am constantly fine tuning.

.Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17047.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	100093Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17048.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	100094Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17049.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	100095
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17050.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	100096Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17051.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	100097
                      My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by jobinseattle View Post
                        My work area and where I store my planes. I am constantly fine tuning.
                        Nice...you guys are getting there.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I just threw this together a couple weeks ago as I was running out of room on the floor. Each sheet is a 4' x 8' sheet of 5mm underlayment with 1 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC with furniture PVC fittings. I wasn't able to attach to the walls so this is freestanding with no glue used. In general, I accomplished what I was wanting. I am envious of some of your workshops!! Has MotionRC been helping me spend my money? :)

Comment

Originally posted by guylookingup View Post
                            I just threw this together a couple weeks ago as I was running out of room on the floor. Each sheet is a 4' x 8' sheet of 5mm underlayment with 1 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC with furniture PVC fittings. I wasn't able to attach to the walls so this is freestanding with no glue used. In general, I accomplished what I was wanting. I am envious of some of your workshops!! Has MotionRC been helping me spend my money? :)
                            Very nice:Cool:
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That's pretty cool, Guy. Nice work!

Comment

I use my garage for my cars and also serves as my hangar. Have to break everything down to carry to the field, plus it increases my storage area in the “Hangar”.

Comment

Very nice, Ken. Well organized. :Cool:

Comment

This is my effort, some hanging on the wall others from the beams. I like the the way they look like soldiers standing to attention :) Need to shuffle them up to get the lastest F16 on there too.

Comment

Wow, some very impressive setups. This is my meager effort. A Beast 60, 2-B-24's, Stinger 90, my wife's Apprentice, 2 48" P-51's, 2 Yaks, 1400mm Red Bull Corsair, 1700mm P-51, Red Bull Edge, 1600mm Spitfire, Prometheus Bi-Plane and 2 Cubs. Thrown in some helicopters, 2 Traxxas Spartan offshore racers and a home built 60cc Nitro Hydroplane. Several of my planes have been discontinued (Yak, Beast, Prometheus, Edge, Corsair) but I have new ones in the box as backups. Got each just before they stopped selling them so got them at a good price-mostly because it was cheaper than buying extra parts. This used to be my gym, but got rid of that equipment for the planes and these get more use, although getting harder to zip up my pants. Now running out of room, so either I'll have to stop adding more planes or buy a bigger house!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by guylookingup View Post
                                        Nice! Easy access to each without having to knock things apart. I cannot leave mine in the garage during the summer as it just gets too hot out there.....not that it appears to cause much stress on anything other than foamies.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post

Nice! Easy access to each without having to knock things apart. I cannot leave mine in the garage during the summer as it just gets too hot out there.....not that it appears to cause much stress on anything other than foamies.
                                          Love your Ultimate Bi-Plane and is that an F-15 Hornet (black with yellow/orange tiger markings?). Can you give us a little more information on each, like size, power, make, etc.? Like you, I have to keep my planes indoor instead of the garage because of the Miami heat (although my garage is full of diving and fishing equipment so barely enough room for my wife's car). Although my wife also flies, she would kill me if I kept them in the living room or anywhere "guests" might see them as it seems you get away with. Sometimes have to work on them on the center Island of the kitchen, and that's pushing it with her. I usually take 4-6 planes at a time to the field and have to line them up in the living room and dining before loading them in my truck and she has a fit over that so I do it late at night or early in the morning before she gets up.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X