X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official E-flite 1500mm Apprentice S 15e Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce the release of the E-flite 1500mm Apprentice S 15e. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this trainer aircraft.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I put it together following the instructions. Everything works but the throttle. Besides the switch on the side of the plane, is there any other switch that would cut the throttle? As I am typing this, I wonder if there is a switch on the transmitter it comes with to cut the throttle?

Comment

What you may be needing to do is to lower the Throttle Trim and be sure the Throttle Stick is all the way down also. The Trim Button is to the Right of the Throttle Stick so just hold it down till the ESC Arms. The ESC has a built in Safe Arm that prevents the motor from starting if it detects too high of a Throttle Setting. If you continue to have an issue simply call us at 224-633-9090 or you can contact the manufacturer Horizonhobby at 888-959-2305 and talk to Tech Support.

Comment

I was looking at your website and i noticed that you say don't fly the apprentice S bnf with a spektrum dx6i and since this is what comes with the Phoenix 5.5 sim.I was wonderingwhy?

Comment

Originally posted by chazman View Post
          I was looking at your website and i noticed that you say don't fly the apprentice S bnf with a spektrum dx6i and since this is what comes with the Phoenix 5.5 sim.I was wonderingwhy?
          What the Phoenix sim has for a controller interface has nothing to do with the Apprentice and it's Eflite BNF Rx. The DX6i (which has been discontinued) was not capable of fully integrating with the Eflite Safe Rx and thus the reason for the recommended use of the DX6.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10 thanks for the explanation . I guess i will use the tx that came with the rtf Apprentice S that i bought. So new to rc still confused about a whole lot of this .But with help from people on this forum am sure i will be able to learn as I go. thanks again Chazman

Comment

Always glad to assist and welcome aboard the "addiction" train.........heh,heh yeah right Ozzy ;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Can you tell me when to replace the rubber bands on the Appentice? Other than breaking in flight, what are the symptoms of worn out bands?

Comment

Well, you can tell some times when you are flying in a banked turn. All of a sudden you may notice the plane jerks in the turn, and if close enough you will hear a weird thump noise in the air.. The wing is actually trying to lift off and slam back down.. Ask me how I know LOL

Comment

I lost my Apprentice in a fly away today. I searched and searched with no luck. I did a range check before take off and everything checked out. Once I got some altitude she went crazy and I had very little control. I also had trouble with my Timber and could not safely fly her. Today was just not my day.

Comment

What radio do you have? I lost 4 planes and was able to recover one due to my dx8 (1st gen) failing. They would go about 200 yards and it would stop responding, right into the tree line. I'm still not sure what caused it, maybe an antenna failure.

Comment

I fly my apprentice with a dx6i. I only have 2way sw on my radio so I can only control 2 functions at one time which is no problem use beginner an expert all the time. Radio works perfectly. Binding inst are on YouTube and internet or Horizon hobby are glad to help.

Comment

The rubber bands are terrible and stretch in 2 uses. Buy better. My wing was tilted to one side the other day I just had weak bands on one side sounds silly but put new better bands on and all was well.

Comment

Anyone else have problems with the covering coming off the horizontal stab?

Comment

From Chazman .I have same problem . Bubbles on elev. and rudder seams on rudder.have split so far just packing tape repairs. Seems to work OK. also front of rudder needs to be taped down.

Comment

So when I pulled on the edge that was peeling, I found that the clear plastic covering on the bottom of the horizontal stab would come completely off with no effort. I peeled it back from where it meets the fuse at the leading edge all the way back to the outboard rear corned, diagonally. After covering the area with newspaper to protect what I didn't want sprayed, I used 3M Super 77 adhesive on the bare foam stab, and after a few seconds carefully pressed the covering back in place, smoothing it out as I went. It turns out slightly discolored from the stark white foam, but it sticks way better than the covering did before, and now it's not going anywhere ever again.

Comment

I just got my Apprentice. I set up as it said I made sure all the throttles were at mininum. Everything works but the throttle. I am using the controller that came with the plane. Any Suggestions ?

Comment

Did you calibrate the ESC? Remove the propeller just in case. Turn on your transmitter bound to the plane with no battery connected. Put the throttle full forward. Connect the battery to the plane. The ESC should beep. After it beeps return the throttle to the minimum position. Disconnect the battery. Turn off the transmitter. Make sure the throttle is in idle and turn transmitter back on. Reconnect battery to plane. Throttle should work.

Comment

I am having trouble binding my mini apprentice s+. I follow the binding procedures in the manual. The transmitter acts like it connects, and I get three blinks from the receiver. Then nothing... The light doesn't turn solid, and I have no response period. Any help would be great

Comment

Had a successful flight a few evenings ago, a balmy 27c.

Make sure you check that the tail plane secure as mine came apart i mid flight a couple of months ago had to replace a few parts.

I try to store the rubber bands in a zip bag with Talc powder, they then do not perish.

Comment

Working...
                                        X