X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 1400mm Stuka

Anyone out there have any experiences to share regarding the set up and operation of the FMS Stuka? I maidened mine last weekend and the RH aileron hinges come unglued, and sent the craft straight down in a spin on the very first flight. Very bad! I gave a moderate tug on all of those hinges, and set the plane up intelligently, with plans to only fly the pattern at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. There is no throw measurements in the owners manual. There is a perfect recess under the canopy and a hold down strap for the battery, BUT, there is a decal with an arrow stating "Battery Here", that points down into the ESC recess behind the motor mount…? Martin at MRC is taking point with me to see if FMS will "work with me" on this one. I just want another plane…not a refund. I bought this Stuka because I like it, don't have one in my collection, and it is a really unique and rare bird that you don't see represented by the RC Mfgs' very often. The guys at MRC absolutely ROCK! They always try to help their customers.
    So…any and all FMS Stuka pilots out there please chime in with anything you would like to advise. Thanks in advance.

First, I am sorry to hear about your crash. We all hate to lose an airplane, especially a new one. I flew mine on an Admiral 3000, shoved as far forward as it would go (I had to remove a little foam from the opening to get it to fit through, if I remember correctly) and this worked very well for CG purposes, and I didn't have to add anything to it. The plane flies very nice, but will tip stall in a heartbeat, so you have to watch your speed in turns, and on landing. I bought the model for much the same reasons as you did. It is a unique plane, and very interesting looking. It did not however, lend itself to my flying style, which is aerobatics and speed, so after about 15 flights, I sold it, still in mint condition, to a pair of fine gentlemen at Joe Nall. I hope we are able to get everything worked out for you and you are able to get back to enjoying your Stuka.

Comment

Shocktrooper,
      Be glad to help but need a little further insight on your setup.
      Did you maiden the bird with the battery in the "recess under the canopy" area that you are questioning as battery location?
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post
        Anyone out there have any experiences to share regarding the set up and operation of the FMS Stuka? I maidened mine last weekend and the RH aileron hinges come unglued, and sent the craft straight down in a spin on the very first flight. Very bad! I gave a moderate tug on all of those hinges, and set the plane up intelligently, with plans to only fly the pattern at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. There is no throw measurements in the owners manual. There is a perfect recess under the canopy and a hold down strap for the battery, BUT, there is a decal with an arrow stating "Battery Here", that points down into the ESC recess behind the motor mount…? Martin at MRC is taking point with me to see if FMS will "work with me" on this one. I just want another plane…not a refund. I bought this Stuka because I like it, don't have one in my collection, and it is a really unique and rare bird that you don't see represented by the RC Mfgs' very often. The guys at MRC absolutely ROCK! They always try to help their customers.
        So…any and all FMS Stuka pilots out there please chime in with anything you would like to advise. Thanks in advance.
        I just got mine this week and I went over the hinges until I found 1 that rocked, glued it down (flap hinge) and tug on the others, the other thing noted is the lack of measurement for throws...
        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

OK I believe mine is almost ready but the ailerons are just a weird setup for the Stuka.. how do you know what is the right alignment?

Comment

Bottom of ailerons have to be parallel with the bottom of wing
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Bottom of ailerons have to be parallel with the bottom of wing
              So eyeball it in the general area right? or use popsicle sticks... which sounds like an idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post

So eyeball it in the general area right? or use popsicle sticks... which sounds like an idea!
                Either way would work. Unless you don't have a critical eye for relative spatial dimensions then go the popsicle route.
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

I'm starting to use reading glasses more and more so you might be on to my eyeballing comment...

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                    I'm starting to use reading glasses more and more so you might be on to my eyeballing comment...
                    Just thought maybe it was from staring too hard for "When the sun comes up in the West and sets in the East..... GOT!!!!! LOL
                    :Devil::Devil::Devil:

Warbird Charlie

Comment

That is why you will never see theOV10 built.. LOL

Comment

Long shot.
                        Anyone have a spare cockpit, either canopy alone or canopy with its foam base?

I'd ordered from SN Hobbies in Canada ( I'm in the UK) but it never arrived.

I bought a used one but the previous owner said the canopy flew off in flight and he lost it.

I'd really love to refurbish this model and fly her again, but globally there's no spares available.

Thankyou
                        (if you can help, happy to pay plus shipping)

Cheers

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                        X