Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see anything Ryan! :p

Comment

FlightLineRC Hawker Sea Fury Build vid, enjoy!
      Originally posted by Bajora View Post
      I can't see anything Ryan! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
        FlightLineRC Hawker Sea Fury Build vid, enjoy!

SWEET! That is an incredible model Ryan. I can't believe the smooth fuselage and beautiful looks for an EPO airplane. They are advanced beyond my expectations now days. I can't wait to own one too! Thank you for the video sir. Matt

Comment

Not to put a damper on this plane, but anyone own the Avios Sea Fury have an opinion? I'd like to hear a side by side comparison.
          I see the Avios is priced at $139, has the extra wheel doors, droppable tanks, and both the four and five blade props are included.

Both are 1200mm and look virtually the same for $60 more you can get the Flight Line version.
          Really just curious to know where the differences lie from an owners perspective.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Every video I've seen of the Avios it looks tail heavy, twitchy and the five blade setups tend to not last, not to mention guys wait forever for parts. For me the choice is easy and always has been. Planes without parts support stay on the shelf at warehouse of origin. This has always been my take even before my affiliation with MRC. We'll be flying this FlightlineRC sea fury and la7 very soon. We cannot wait!

Comment

Interesting, and I agree, if they can't back up their products, then its a good thing to avoid, thanks Ryan!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Photo session on LA7 and sea fury. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Interesting, and I agree, if they can't back up their products, then its a good thing to avoid, thanks Ryan!

Grossman56
                  Now this one is out I wouldn't give the Avios a second thought. It was way to many problems.
                  I just bought mine on an international market place site only because I live in New Zealand and can't order it here. I hope Motion gets some royalties out of it.
                  I don't suppose you guys can supply Props to us down under?
                  I'm looking forward to the inflight rundown Ryan.

Comment

Had a great time during the photo shoot.

Comment

Avios lists their Sea Fury as 2100 grams. Motion lists the FlightLine Sea Fury at 1550 grams. That's 35% lighter! Plus, the FlightLine Sea Fury is made by Freewing and Motion was involved in its development. Order placed! Mine arrives Monday!

Comment

wow the perfect size for transport...wish I hadn't wasted my money on the aros model from hk (even though it was on sale cheep) there must be a ton of things wrong with hk plane before u can fly it and bring it back alive lol

Comment

Don't forget to calculate the landed cost for HK's offering. Usually HK shipping isn't inexpensive. I think in the CONUS it's ~$160 shipped now; it's usually a bit higher if it's regular price.

Then, be prepared to deal with the issues in the HK version, most of which can be fixed if you're patient, but quickly will eat up the price delta. The higher weight can't really be addressed very well. Parts availability (lack thereof) is a reason I won't buy any more Durafly planes until HK can figure that part out (which might be a while).

Comment

Boom! What a great flyer!

Comment

Ryan you seem to make them all look good. It looks like it has really good power that giant loop was impressive and it also showed good speed. The guys in on the development did a good job in the power train. I was interested in the tip you gave about the elevator mix to keep the tail in the attitude you want could you explain that a little more. Does it apply the same to all planes or does the up or down attitude differ for each plane?

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                Ryan you seem to make them all look good. It looks like it has really good power that giant loop was impressive and it also showed good speed. The guys in on the development did a good job in the power train. I was interested in the tip you gave about the elevator mix to keep the tail in the attitude you want could you explain that a little more. Does it apply the same to all planes or does the up or down attitude differ for each plane?
                                Thanks! Not all planes act the same. With this particular plane I thought there was a need, otherwise if it's called out in a manual I will do the mix stated as well. This Sea Fury flies so good. When I would drop flaps though I had to work to keep things nice. The nose would come up and the plane would wallow a bit and flirt with the stall. I landed without flaps or only minimal flaps at first once I noticed that. Since then I have been playing with a down mix of 2 to 3% It has made the plane so well behaved. Now it is as predictable with full flaps as it is burning up the sky without any.

Usually if a plane needs a little up with flaps I don't worry about it because it will do me no harm and it feels natural to be applying back pressure when coming in rather than downstick, which feels a little unnatural. Thanks again for watching. It is a great flying plane once it is sorted out.

Comment

I see folks are using a 4s 4000. I have some Turnigy 4s 3300mah 60c that I am going to use in the P-38. Advertised weight/size seems to be consistent with the Admiral 40C battery. Is anyone running a Turnigy or does anyone have any thoughts on using the 3300 60c instead? I'd like to not have to buy
                                  another set of batteries if the 3300's will suffice.
                                  Thanks

Comment

I am confused, on the Review section of the ad for the Flightline Sea Fury one of the posters indicated that he had bought his Sea Fury before Motion RC had the FlightLine Sea Fury in stock. I have not seen a Freewing RC 1200 Sea Fury advertised anywhere, so I am wondering if this poster has a Hobby King Avios Sea Fury which is also a 1200mm wingsize.

Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by DonRhone View Post
                                      I am confused, on the Review section of the ad for the Flightline Sea Fury one of the posters indicated that he had bought his Sea Fury before Motion RC had the FlightLine Sea Fury in stock. I have not seen a Freewing RC 1200 Sea Fury advertised anywhere, so I am wondering if this poster has a Hobby King Avios Sea Fury which is also a 1200mm wingsize.

Please advise
                                      Hard telling, but sure seems like it. I would not say that the Flightline Sea Fury lacks for power.

Comment

Hi All,
                                        How's the cg for those guys flying this?
                                        I'm ready for maiden but mine is super nose heavy at 80mm with an Admiral 4s4000 fully forward.
                                        Are you guys using a cg other than 80mm?
                                        Thanks
                                        Mark

Comment

Hello Muckie,
                                          That is really strange, myself as well as several others have had to add 2-3 ounces of lead inside the cowl in order for this bird to CG at 80mm and that is the correct mark. I did a complete build and flight review(see link below) of this bird after having won it as the first inaugural winner in the Squawk's "Join the Conversation and Win" contest. I used the Admiral 4S 4000 40C Lipo that you referenced using with it shoved all the way forward and had to add 2.5 ounces of stick weight lead in the cowl to CG on the 80mm where it flies beautifully. The GG is done inverted with gear retracted.
                                          http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...y-build-review
                                          Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X