Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Thats quite an approach angle with that hill there! Great flight
    It is indeed but we all learn to deal with it. Sometimes when the wind is really blowing up and over the hill, the plane will climb suddenly if the right amount of down ELE is not applied. Too much down and we shave the top of the hill. Landings can be a toss of the dice.

Comment

No doubt!

Comment

Now that I’ve flown my Tigercat for a while , I started eying up some mods to run bigger props. I kind of have a certain pickiness about scale props, and the 14” props just looked small to me. Scale diameter comes out to about 17”, so I got some 18” props from the LX Corsair and shaved them down. Looks much closer to the full scale now! Over the weekend, I’m going to fit 2 100A ESCs and give it a shot.

Comment

I like swinging scale props too.

Careful... ground clearance is very low when you put scale props on most of these.

Note: the added load might not be able to be handled by the OEM motors.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I'm used to the low ground clearance, and this bird actually has pretty good clearance even with scale props. My Bearcat has around 1/2” of clearance with the fuselage level, so anything is better than that! As for the motors, I have the same worry. I think the stock motors *might* be ok, but it would almost certainly be over their design limit. I have 2 of the 390kv Flightline Spitfire Motors on the way, better safe than sorry with such a nice model!

Comment

I was on the fence with regard to the F7F (whether I go FMS or FLRC). After watching countless reviews I decided to shell out for the FMS one (I didn’t see the point of buying the FLRC one and then spending $100 upgrading the landing gear etc). I saw one video where the same guy flew both of them one after the other-his money was on the FMS due to a number of reasons, one big one was power. Also the FMS only uses 1 lipo as opposed to the FLRC using 2. I have an affinity with both FMS and FLRC nowadays and refuse to waste money on Hobbyking junk-i have the FLRC bearcat and I’m also eying up the Sea fury. I agree with a comment someone made earlier with regard to FMS ditching certain airframes and getting very expensive-I put that down to them paying too much attention to the “scale Nazi’s on RCG (the F7F is testament to that-the scale detail is incredible, none of which you can see in the air lol) but to be fair I think they learned their lesson as all their releases post F7F have been “back on planet earth”. I just bought their PA18 Cub and it’s a fantastic plane for the money! Hopefully FMS bring a few old favourites back like the Hellcat.

Comment

Looking for HELP! I just finished putting my FMS F7F Tigercat together and I have a minor problem. When I flip the gear switch the gear doors will open, but the gear does not come down. I imagine this is something simple but I'm hoping someone can offer some suggestions.

Thanks

Bob DeGood

Comment

Did you cycle the switch at least once? Sometimes, it takes a second flip cycle to get the gear to come down. It may also take some time (maybe 5 second delay after the door opens) before the gear moves. Also, try to enhance the contacts at the wing connectors. Lightly sand the pins and dab a little dielectric grease into the receiving holes.
                  Inside the plane where the leads come from the box to the Rx, make sure all connections there are solid. Unplug them and wiggle them back on to make good contact.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Did you cycle the switch at least once? Sometimes, it takes a second flip cycle to get the gear to come down. It may also take some time (maybe 5 second delay after the door opens) before the gear moves. Also, try to enhance the contacts at the wing connectors. Lightly sand the pins and dab a little dielectric grease into the receiving holes.
                    Inside the plane where the leads come from the box to the Rx, make sure all connections there are solid. Unplug them and wiggle them back on to make good contact.
                    I am aware of the delay. I will try the things you have suggested and report back.

P.S. I hate electrical problems.

Thanks

Bob DeGood

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      Now that I’ve flown my Tigercat for a while , I started eying up some mods to run bigger props. I kind of have a certain pickiness about scale props, and the 14” props just looked small to me. Scale diameter comes out to about 17”, so I got some 18” props from the LX Corsair and shaved them down. Looks much closer to the full scale now! Over the weekend, I’m going to fit 2 100A ESCs and give it a shot.
                      OK DD............you've had 3 months now to give us a report. :PLOL
                      So spill the beans cause you know how us power modders need to know.;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

OK DD............you've had 3 months now to give us a report. :PLOL
                        So spill the beans cause you know how us power modders need to know.;)
                        Wish I could Charlie! I have the Flightline motors standing by for install, the problem is the motors shafts. They are too short to get through the thicker LX prop hub. I think the motor shafts from the Freewing P-51 would work great, but they have been impossible to find in stock. At this point, I’m waiting for the Flightline Corsair to release, and will likely end up using its prop adaptors, and possibly props as well.

Comment

I miss my Tigercat, wish I didnt have to sell it for the money issue, but hope I can get another one except in blue . Worked great with the wing connector mod I made

Comment

This is an awesome plane! 5000-6000 mah batteries all the way forward flys great. One of the easiest flying planes out of the box. Other than the raised rivets ( minor) I have no complaints.

Comment

Painted my silver F7F with semi gloss black to represent a USMC (Ooh Rah!) night fighter. Totally impressed with this aircraft. Great slow flight capability and plenty of power in the vertical.

Comment

Finally got to test out my upgrade to scale props today. Took a bit of work to shoehorn in the larger motors, but it is finally completed. I am running the Flightline 1.6m Spitfire motors turning the props and shafts from the new Flightline Corsair on the stock 70A ESCs. The props were trimmed by 1/2” on each blade to get to scale diameter (17”). The larger props improved the look dramatically in my opinion, and it flew excellent! Cruises at 50% throttle no problem, and climb performance is much better than stock. Looking forward to getting in more flights on this awesome bird!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                  Finally got to test out my upgrade to scale props today. Took a bit of work to shoehorn in the larger motors, but it is finally completed. I am running the Flightline 1.6m Spitfire motors turning the props and shafts from the new Flightline Corsair on the stock 70A ESCs. The props were trimmed by 1/2” on each blade to get to scale diameter (17”). The larger props improved the look dramatically in my opinion, and it flew excellent! Cruises at 50% throttle no problem, and climb performance is much better than stock. Looking forward to getting in more flights on this awesome bird!
                                  Did ya happen to take any shots(pics) of the FL motor mounting X braces to the FMS firewall mount or maybe the simple answer is the FL X brace mount hole dims is the same as the FMS 4250-460 motor X brace.:Thinking: I do reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy like the looks of the FL prop on that Tiger :Cool:
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Did ya happen to take any shots(pics) of the FL motor mounting X braces to the FMS firewall mount or maybe the simple answer is the FL X brace mount hole dims is the same as the FMS 4250-460 motor X brace.:Thinking: I do reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy like the looks of the FL prop on that Tiger :Cool:
                                    Unfortunately, no photos of the x mount, but I can say that none of the x mount holes line up. I had to use the Flightline x mounts, and drill some new holes to match up with the FMS hole pattern. The edges of the bracket also had to be trimmed down to fit in the nacelle motor cavity.

Comment

My FMS F7F Tigercat looks great however, I have one problem I could use some help with. The nose wheel goes in the opposite direction of the rudder. Anyone know how I can fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                                        My FMS F7F Tigercat looks great however, I have one problem I could use some help with. The nose wheel goes in the opposite direction of the rudder. Anyone know how I can fix this.
                                        You have several options. You can get a servo reverser and install it in one or the other. You can get a RX with enough channels that you can plug the steering servo into a spare channel (like AUX1), then mix the rudder to it and activate it only when the gear is down. You can get a reversed servo and replace one or the other (steering or rudder).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                                          I don't know the setup of the servo' s but would it be possible to take the rudder servo arm off and turn it around 180 degrees? Or the nose gear arm?

Comment

Working...
                                          X