Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bancroft 1/16 scale LCM3 Landing Craft

Placeholder
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LCM3_Functioning_LaunchDoor.jpg Views:	6 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	241553

Click image for larger version  Name:	LCM3_Functioning_Ramp.jpg Views:	6 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	241552Click image for larger version  Name:	LCM3_Deploy.jpg Views:	6 Size:	207.4 KB ID:	241554

Size and Handling

Click image for larger version  Name:	LCM3_Balanced_Hull.jpg Views:	6 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	241555Click image for larger version  Name:	LCM3_116Scale.jpg Views:	6 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	241551

Text
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Placeholder

Click image for larger version

Name:	LCM3_Detailed_Surfaces.jpg
Views:	2614
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	241558Click image for larger version

Name:	LCM3_Detailed_Cover.jpg
Views:	2655
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	241557

the

Name:	LCM3_EZ_Hatch.jpg
Views:	2610
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	241560Click image for larger version

Name:	LCM3_Protected_Dual_Props.jpg
Views:	2568
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	241559

the

Name:	Powerful Dual Motors.JPG
Views:	2748
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	241561

Comment

Can't wait to roll the Sherman off this beast! Looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
        Can't wait to roll the Sherman off this beast! Looks amazing.
        For real! So excited to do this!

Comment

So cool and it looks like it comes already weathered!

Comment

FANTASTIC!!! VERY VERY GOOD TO SEE!! You fellow tank guys will love this one but keep in mind the hull width is correct for the period so will only carry earlier M4A1-A3 Sherman or other tanks of similar size. An M4A3E8 is too wide to drive out the gate but will fit & looks good sitting inside.

I've owned the Torro LCM3 since it was released 2 years ago & its a lot of fun. Also great for carrying around construction equipment & trucks, too!

Alpha, now do us all a favor & ensure you get a crew ASAP to go with this. Working guns, sound & smoke would also be a nice feature, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8166.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	243480

Comment

Comment

Great to hear!

Now start thinking about one for the Axis tank fans out there. That and a Bronekater.

Comment

This shot was such a tease.

Comment

Very, cool, so glad it will be sold her in the US, it was about time!
                    This one I'm getting as soon as available.

Comment

You'll love it! Its loads of fun & always a head turner whenever out on my local pond. We have several in the RC boating group I belong to in Shanghai so we're planning to get them together as soon as we can get back out & play again.

Its quite buoyant with a high freeboard so I have no problem carrying the heavy metal Mato M4A3 I have. If you plan to run with HL's Sherman or Torro M16 Halftrack, I'd add some lead ballast to weigh it down.

Just keep in the mind the hull is true to scale so the wider M4A3E8 makes for a snug fit & you'll not be able to drive out the ramp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8057.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	244945Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8059.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	244944
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8062.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	244943
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8068.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.2 KB ID:	244946

Comment

How cool is that...these are great shots you took, I'm very impressed and I will get the LC before Fletcher class, which was my initial "must get" as soon as it is for sale.
                        Question: Where can I get the 2 tanks you have in the pictures?? Again I cannot wait for these models to be here, it's hard to understand why it has taken sooooo long to have these RTR Premium/Elite line available in the US. All tanks advertised in MotionRC are not in stock and I have no idea which one will fit inside the LC even if they were in stock.

Comment

The lighter color M4A3(75) is Mato's all metal RTR that you can get from MatoMart on your side of the pond. It nice & heavy at over 8kg. Mine currently undergoing a conversion to an early M4A1 using Nick Aquiler's resin upper hull. I should have finished that over our lockdown but plan on having it done next month once I finish upgrading the Hetzer.

The M4A3E8 is from Hooben. Its ok, but not at the same quality level as HL or Mato - I consider most anything from Hooben to be slightly over toy grade just like the aforementioned Hetzer.

Besides HL's excellent Sherman, look at Tamiya's kit which HL's is based upon. It was the first & has been around forever.

Be sure to check eBay since usually has its share of used Shermans for sale. Amazon if you're looking for new.

Rich Johnson who you'll find here & over on RC Universe's tank forum is a huge Sherman fan & great resource when it comes to mods & variants that he loves to build.

Comment

As you can see alongside USS Canonicus, which is the same scale as the Fletcher, this LCM3 is a good size both on the water & for display. Keep in mind you don't just have to resort to carrying tanks, either. It always makes a great impression on the water no matter what you haul but I have to say the most appreciation it received was when our cargo consisted of 2 6-packs of cold beer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8511.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	245024
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1180.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.9 KB ID:	245025

Comment

Originally posted by herrmill View Post
                              You'll love it! Its loads of fun & always a head turner whenever out on my local pond. We have several in the RC boating group I belong to in Shanghai so we're planning to get them together as soon as we can get back out & play again.

Its quite buoyant with a high freeboard so I have no problem carrying the heavy metal Mato M4A3 I have. If you plan to run with HL's Sherman or Torro M16 Halftrack, I'd add some lead ballast to weigh it down.

Just keep in the mind the hull is true to scale so the wider M4A3E8 makes for a snug fit & you'll not be able to drive out the ramp.
                              Noticed that you mentioned the Torro halftrack. I’m looking at getting that model soon. What are your impressions of it?

Comment

Can't say since I don't own but have seen at SIME. Torro gets them from Trumpeter so the scale & detailing is good but it is light weight & runs like a toy, just like Trumpeter's WSN branded T-34 & Tiger. I don't know if Torro improved the electronics - doubtful - but many upgrade using an ElMod or Clark board. You'll find a number of threads over at RC Universe tank forum like this one.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10054990-m16-halftrack-test-case.html

Comment

Great info Herrmill...thank you much, great pics again.
                                  I'll be betting the Mato Sherman today, agree the LC just by itself is great but carrying a tank makes it more "authentic". I really hope end-of-May or sooner all ships are in stock. Question on Fletcher class destroyer, do you know what diameter shafts/stern tubes it comes with?

Comment

Is this the one?
                                    matomart,Matomart.com,rc,toys,RC Tanks,RC Helicopters,RC Planes,RC Boats,RC Trucks,Cool RC Toys,RC Tank Accessories,Other Accessories

Comment

Got my Sherman M4A3, 75 mm today (Taigen, all-metal, 1/16 th scale), and it is a very-very well made tank, I never had a tank before on any scale but this Taigen tank has changed my view on rc armor vehicles. I think the cost of it is fully justified for a RTR all-metal vehicle built to this detail, anyway, now all I need is the LC3, I hope it is here by the expected date or before!

Comment

What are the spec Length and width inside for the tank ? also are there Nav lights or bilge pump installed

Comment

Working...
                                        X