Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job. It looks great and that sounds like a really good fix on the broken gun barrel.

Schmitty

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post

No sir I used a tamiya weathering master set , just did this one side for now still have to do the rest of the ship. I repaired my broken .50 buy drilling out both of the broken bits and inserting a very small brass dowel cut to length and glued it all up.
      You will need to seal the model so the water does not wash the weathering off. If you use enamel based paint, you do not need to seal. I am sure you know but this will benefit to those new to the modeling techniques. Mine LC will arrive tomorow. Likely I will order the R/C tank to go with it or 60 1/16 army guys. Dai

Comment

Hello all,

Would this work for the LC? I would need to add some additional weight as it is plastic. Thanks Dai

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-1-...97.m4902.l9144

https://www.amazon.com/Heng-Long-Con...-3&tag=mh0b-20

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	lcm3-2.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	276875
          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	lcm3-3.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	276878

Comment

Name:	lcm3-4.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	276880

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty1944 View Post

Name:	lcm3-4.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	276880
                That is damn impressive ! Where did you get the crew? Dai

Comment

Name:	20200926_182134.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	276927Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_175457.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	276928

Comment

Really want to upgrade the props from plastic to metal anybody know what size and types I would need. Also need to upgrade the electronics too.

Comment

I am ordering the HL Sherman R/C to go into this craft. It is going a big tank and no wonder expensive. Dai

Comment

Really want to upgrade the props from plastic to metal anybody know what size and types I would need. Also need to upgrade the electronics too.
                        What is it that you need upgrade for? Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

What is it that you need upgrade for? Dai
                          dont care for the factory speed control , would like to install water cooler motors also. plus i though i had fixed my connection for the battery but nope it started messing up today so im just gonna replace it.

Comment

dont care for the factory speed control , would like to install water cooler motors also. plus i though i had fixed my connection for the battery but nope it started messing up today so im just gonna replace it.
                            I've had an issue with my battery connector as well. One pin keeps popping out so I may install XT60s

Comment

Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post

I've had an issue with my battery connector as well. One pin keeps popping out so I may install XT60s
                              yep same issue quality control sucks over seas i guess lol. im looking now on how i want to get it all done . but i know for sure im replacing the props , the ESC and probley gonna go with brushless duel 380s and water cool everything.

Comment

yep same issue quality control sucks over seas i guess lol. im looking now on how i want to get it all done . but i know for sure im replacing the props , the ESC and probley gonna go with brushless duel 380s and water cool everything.
                                Too bad this seems to be default pattern with included electronics in RTF,RTR packages from China. Cheap, poor quality, unreliable electronics that works for minutes then quit . I really hope I will not have this issue with the 1/200 Yamato I bought few days ago. Multiplex (Germany) RTF/RTR is entirely different. Their elctronics are name brand that can be used over and over again. I would not mind paying another 100 USD that I know they will work. Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

That is damn impressive ! Where did you get the crew? Dai
                                  Thanks, the crew are 21st century toys ultimate soldier 1/18 figures they used to sell at walmart/toys R us. They aren't really correct but they look pretty good and the size is pretty much indistinguishable from 1/16. They're easy to find on ebay etc. and pretty cheap. The tank (if anyone cares) is a hybrid with a Matotoys M4a1 (cast hull) upper and a henglong M4a3 lower and running a clark board for the electronics. This is not a direct swap and takes some effort to make work. The running gear and tracks that come with the matotoys sherman are awful and won't last.

I ran the LCM-3 a lot yesterday and found it performs very well with the stock electronics. It moves at a decent speed and nothing got hot or gave any trouble. No leaks after being on the water for a couple hours. I even used it to rescue other model boats that where stranded out in the lake and it makes a great pusher.

Schmitty

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty1944 View Post

Thanks, the crew are 21st century toys ultimate soldier 1/18 figures they used to sell at walmart/toys R us. They aren't really correct but they look pretty good and the size is pretty much indistinguishable from 1/16. They're easy to find on ebay etc. and pretty cheap. The tank (if anyone cares) is a hybrid with a Matotoys M4a1 (cast hull) upper and a henglong M4a3 lower and running a clark board for the electronics. This is not a direct swap and takes some effort to make work. The running gear and tracks that come with the matotoys sherman are awful and won't last.

I ran the LCM-3 a lot yesterday and found it performs very well with the stock electronics. It moves at a decent speed and nothing got hot or gave any trouble. No leaks after being on the water for a couple hours. I even used it to rescue other model boats that where stranded out in the lake and it makes a great pusher.

Schmitty
                                    right now i think im just gonna replace the ESC with something a little better. eventually i will convert it to brushless . what were your run times on the provided battery?
                                    bryan

Comment

Muffinman,

Let me know what ESC you plan to use. Most of the marine ESC 's I found with high AMP ratings are for brushless motors.

Comment

yea im not having any luck finding something to replace it with. might try ebay

Comment

Try Harbor Models. They have a good selection of Marine ESCs.

Comment

Working...
                                          X