P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale RMS Titanic Liner - Ready-To-Run (RTR)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube unboxing and my 1st impressions. I've not come across a model with this detail for under 3000, if you guys know where I can find one already made, please let me know. Cheers

(2) RC TITANIC Unboxing and First Impressions. Bancroft 1/200 Scale "Large" offered by Motionrc - YouTube

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Hello all: As previously mentioned, I'm a disappointed Motion RC customer because of the un-businesslike fashion they chose (in my case) to 'cover' the fact that Bancroft had downsized the RMS Titanic offering (and by shipping me the smaller 1/200 scale model without explaining the situation and without giving me the opportunity to cancel) the order.
        Well, I'm still in the market for a new or lightly used/pre-owned 1/150 scale RTR Titanic. They've been marketed in the US for over a decade, so some of you readers may have a lead for me. Please feel free to contact me via email at ronwey@aol.com.
        Thanks, and good luck and happy sailing to all who chose to accept the Bancroft/Motion RC 1/200 scale Titanic offering...I'm sure it will bring many hours of happy sailing.

Comment

It appears that Motion lowered the price to $1400, which is better. But the photos still show the wooden upper decks from the 1:150 version. I think I am in at $1250, but $1400 still seems high. Maybe if I was not so excited for the 1:150 at $1650 for so long, I would feel better about it.

Comment

As the saying goes, "In for a penny, in for a pound." Motion should have completed the promotion they started for the 1:150 Titanic. Failing that, they should have at least attempted to be forthright and honest with their customers to lessen buyer's disappointment and distrust. Reducing the price now (hope they'll refund some $ to those who've purchased already) is too little too late for me.

The model appears to be quite nice, not 'as advertised and promoted' but a reasonable value now at the reduced price. I firmly believe that the majority of purchasers will be more than satisfied.

In the meantime, I'm still on search for the 1:150 scale model.

Cheers.

Comment

Can Motion RC chime in and let us know if they plan to bring back the 1/150? The 1/200 looks like a toy. Dai

Comment

I live in Baltimore, MD, I'm in my 70s, and I have owned or operated an RC jet. I wanted to purchase an EDF Jet, but was informed it was an advanced jet and that I should start off with a less expensive beginner jet. What type of beginner jet would you recommend I purchase? Is a beginner jet difficult to operate? How much should I spend for a beginner jet? Do you know if there are any airfields or RC jet clubs in/around Baltimore City? I still would like to purchase a new Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 80mm EDF Jet for $599, although I don't know how to operate it. I would like to keep it in the event I learn how to operate it, and I love how it looks. Any advice or suggestion to can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X