You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz Aircraft Carrier - RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleship
    replied
    Just respectfully saying sir and mam u would need a very very very large pool and chlorine is very expensive but I like your idea I also want to do the same thing but I want to make it indoors , but what I’m talking about is for me battleship it’s still a pipe dream my dad say that I have a good idea but I’m not going to be able to afford the landtaxes etc but that’s also , because I spend every dime I make , but my dad says I spend like a millionaire but I don’t have the funds to fall back on even my banker has told me this but I love your quotes on the very very very very big pool oh and respectfully saying sir and mam twodawgs I acknowledge what you said bout the flooding I tried to look it on the web but no cigar on finding the information on Bancroft boat’s but I saw tha in late December Bancroft boats could be back on their feet but I’m not 100% sure but ttyl for now battleship it’s just a guess

Leave a comment:

• Bill_The_RC_Reviewer
    replied
    Any idea when this will be available ?

Leave a comment:

• Battleship
    replied
    Just respectfully asking sir and mam how long and how big and wide is the aircraft carrier jw if u could tell me the demeinions

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    This ship is one reason I’d love to own property with a Lake on it or just have a massive pool because I’d simply let it sit there as a show piece . Then, I could also say “I have an aircraft carrier in my backyard”.

Leave a comment:

• Captrko
    replied
    Here we are almost July …….any updates or speculation as to when they will be available ?

Leave a comment:

• twodawgs
    replied
    Originally posted by Captrko View Post
    Asking again......anyone have an update as to when the USS Nimitz 1/200 will be available to order?

Says "LATE DEC".

​​​​​​​
    Should be updated to LATE MAY with the rest though considering the first waves delays...

Hopefully they'll also get a restock of the first wave at the same time. I know those Fletcher's and the PT boats had a race to see which sold out first and I don't think either made it to the next morning.

Leave a comment:

• Captrko
    replied
    Asking again......anyone have an update as to when the USS Nimitz 1/200 will be available to order?

Says "LATE DEC".

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Battleship
    replied
    Oh ok understood two dawgs

Leave a comment:

• twodawgs
    replied
    There wasn't just Covid going on for China. There was some pretty NASTY flooding going on through several Cities all up and down the Yangtze River apparently this years rainy season was much heavier than normal and even forced them to open all the flood gates on the 3 Gorges Damn to keep it from being damaged. So I've been kinda wondering if that has caused some shipping issues over there as well.

Leave a comment:

• Battleship
    replied
    Respectfully saying sir that the aircraft carrier rc boat Is still I thinks being delayed caus of covid19 but not 100% sure contact motion rc they should be able to give u An acurrate answer but also respectfully saying sir that it cost more to ship internationally to the us but anyways Bancroft rc boats is working very hard around the clock just click on the notify me on motionrc.com and just put your email in and they will email u back

battleship

Leave a comment:

• Captrko
    replied
    Anyone have any updates of when we can place an order? Said late DEC.....well its let DEC !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Battleship
    replied
    I’ll buy the aircraft carrier rc maybe in tax time

Leave a comment:

• Tulz43
    replied
    This is really awesome. I have always wanted a big carrier. Any chance they will make a bigger one?

MAVFLIGHT75. What planes did you get? Looking forward to your build!

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    Originally posted by MAVFLIGHT75 View Post
    yep...working elevators, lights, full hangar bay, & working blast deflectors

just purchased my 1st batch of modern wing 1:200 aircraft
    I like Alpha will be watching your project unfold. My interest is because I'm a Nimitz plank owner.
    My squadron VA-35(A-6) was attached to the Chester W when commissioned 3 May 75 as we were part of its sea-trials off of Gitmo earlier in March.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    She's a big and heavy boat, once fully fitted. 28.9lbs on the scale, according to my notes. There was some ballast in the model I sailed, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for a boat this size. The nice thing about a hull that cavernous is that with most of that weight converted to battery, the boat can run all afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• twodawgs
    replied
    Exceptional Scale Realism

Weighing nearly 30 pounds and stretching over 5.5 feet long, the Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz becomes the instant centerpiece of any military RTR RC maritime collection.
    just noticed... Is that a real weight 30Lb's what is she ballasted with? Bricks?😁 Probably a fat finger right.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    MAVFLIGHT75 I like the way you think. Welcome to "The Squawk". Looking forward to pictures and comments when you receive this beast. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• MAVFLIGHT75
    replied
    yep...working elevators, lights, full hangar bay, & working blast deflectors

just purchased my 1st batch of modern wing 1:200 aircraft

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    MAVFLIGHT75 Hi Mav, there is a large hatch concealed on the main deck. This hatch gives access to the internal battery placement, electronics, and motors. There is plenty of space for an intrepid modeler to fabricate a full hangar bay and operable elevators, since they are positioned along the perimeter of the deck.

I look forward to your project!

Leave a comment:

• MAVFLIGHT75
    replied
    Thanks Alpha for response on aircraft.

How do you access interior...any pics available?

It doesn't look like it has an interior hangar bay based on the elevator sliding doors being closed ...just thinking ahead what is needed to get a full hanger bay in based on size of interior access area

The exterior looks great

Leave a comment:

Working...
X