You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz Aircraft Carrier - RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maiden run and she looks great. I need to configure for a bit less ballast as she is low in the stern. She is a bit top heavy, but not bad. I have replaced the single ESC with twin units configured so I can twist the ship.I have added the rotating radars and a sound control unit that plays 60 minutes of aircraft carrier sounds. I am looking forward to continuing to detail her and add the deck vehicles and crew.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome j mitchel keep working on balancing the ballest out I had to do this with my. Fletcher class destroyer but it took me a while to figure it out

Comment

Short video is up. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1553...eric&ref=notif

Comment

Questions for anyone who may know:
          -What diameter are the props?...picture is shown on "replacement parts" that's it, no info at all..
          -How long are the propellers shafts?, as above.
          Thanks!

Comment

Great pics Jeff, weathering makes a big difference, looks real.

Comment

Great pics tcat I’m not sure if I told u that but I think that would make a great april fools joke, but I got one of my coworkers really good she really thought that I bought the real f15 eagle but my f15eagle that I own is rc not the real fighter jet f15 eagle

Comment

Hello all,

I am looking for a display case to protect the Nimitz when she's not in the water. Does anyone know when I can get such a case?

Thanks

Comment

Hello all,

Is there anyone that added ballast come up with a good number? I have to guess here at my place before I take it to the lake to run it and I need to have a ball park number.

Thank you,

Comment

To rc Nimitz use plexiglass and caulking like they build fish aquariums And to dadoblades use bbs daisy’s small bbs will equals distribut the weight in the forward hull

Comment

Great work looking foward to building

Comment

Working...
                      X