X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atlantic harbor tug boat made by aqua craft

cant find the original motor for my atlantic harbor tug boat made by aquacraft 1:72 scale

i have made many modifications to my atlantic harbor tug boat that was discontinued in 2005 i put a cooling fan on the top and botom of the smoke stack. i drilled a 5/16 holes in the top of the smoke and on the bottom of the smoke stack three on eatch side a plastic 4 cell aa 1.5 v battery hoder with a 9v wire connnector to the switch and the cooling fan and a piece of bass wood to mount the coooling fan over the moor does work well see u nexttime

Comment

For the Atlantic harbor tug rc u need to buy 3 mm o ring to keep water from getting inside the hull t on the smoke stack the bottom I drilled three holes on each side of the smoke stack And the top of the smoke stack I drilled 5 holes Then I made A couple of other holes so the airflow could get in and I just got done cleaning my tugboats. Motor with brake cleaner and wire brushes That’s all for now

Comment

My tug is stock except I have upgraded it to 2.4. Everything else is the same. I really enjoying getting it out on the water. I have it set up for FPV as well, but just to mainly record the sail via DVR

Comment

Very nice but has your motor in the tugboat rusted plus I use a tactic 664 transmitter and 2.4 ghz receiver but very nice tugboat
          Attached Files

Comment

I just got done cleaning the motor up

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
              Very nice but has your motor in the tugboat rusted plus I use a tactic 664 transmitter and 2.4 ghz receiver but very nice tugboat
              No it hasn't rusted. Haven't had any issues. But I did forget to mention, I removed the old ESC and replaced it with a Quicrun 1060. The boat drives much better with the upgrade.

Comment

Respectfully saying I did the same thing on my tug and put a dynamite esc in and Tactic 6 channel revcevier I have a tactic 6 channel receiver I can, I think I can store up to I think 20 or 10 rc boats I thinkisk the old esc was ok but the dynamite esc was much better than the original esc

Comment

Is that the motor or the esc but I might change the motor to a different motor

Comment

I’d also like to recommend 3 mm orings to keep the hull of the Atlantic harbor tug boat dry i bought the orings. At autozone auto parts store it only costed me $ 4.19 after tax

Comment

This is the improvements I have made on my tug boat
                      Attached Files

Comment

These are the new lights I put into the tug boat
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
                          This is the improvements I have made on my tug boat
                          Hard to see in the pics, but is that the stock motor or a new one?

Comment

That was the new motor that I installed

Comment

I’ll put a picture of the old motor and the new motor

Comment

Comment

I bought these motors from Bancroft boats and they work great in my tugboat and my fletcher class destroyer battle ship

Comment

Hello mr cmaero I also did upgrade the esc and the receiver to 2.4 and it’s automatically save in my Tatic rc transmitter I think the transmitter with the gimbal sticks. Hopefully that I have my rc terminology correct and speaking of that I should also check my transmitter batteries to make sure that there Still working but anyways talk to you later

Comment

But I think I’m planning to buy a desktop milling machine from micro market, sometime in the future When I have enough disposable income to waste camero but thanks for replying battleships

Comment

I bought my tugboat years ago and I have not ran it yet. I need to get a battery pack. What is the best kind to get to get the longest run? I also lost my transmitter. What would be a good upgrade? Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                                        X