X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
    I’d also like to recommend 3 mm orings to keep the hull of the Atlantic harbor tug boat dry i bought the orings. At autozone auto parts store it only costed me $ 4.19 after tax
    Where do you put these o rings? Can somebody post a photo?

Thanks

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Jdog View Post
      I bought my tugboat years ago and I have not ran it yet. I need to get a battery pack. What is the best kind to get to get the longest run? I also lost my transmitter. What would be a good upgrade? Thanks guys!
      I bought my boat off of marketplace and it came with the stock AM transmitter. I have since upgraded it to 2.4 with a FlySky GT3B transmitter and receiver. I use that transmitter for a few surface vehicles and had extra model memory so I programmed the tugboat. Haven't had any range issues and its working well. In fact, I sold the old transmitter and receiver on eBay last year. I guess someone wanted it! As far as battery packs go, I have a 2000 NIMH - the previous owner gave it to me when I bought it and its been giving great run times.

Comment

Mine did not leak until I took things apart to replace the motor. I assume the o-ring goes on the drive shaft (at the end by the prop?), Or does it go on the rudder shaft? Did it come with one stock, or did the grease just keep the water out? I must have lost it during reassembly. I ran it for years without needing to lube the drive shaft or have water come in. It's been a really good boat and I'd like to get it back on the water this summer.

Comment

The o rings I used was put on the propeller shaft behind the propeller the transmitter that I use is a tactic 6 channel with a 2.4 gz receiver the battery pack is a 7.2 volt 6-7 cell stick battery 1500-1800 mah 7.2 volt stick battery the prongs I bought at auto zone but I might be buying a different size o ring Just to keep the water out of the the hull of the tug boat tower hobbies told me to use only 1800 mah for my tug boat but by all means if the 2000 mah works kudos to you I might have to try that out but thanks for the battery mah update Many thanks battle ship Fourth of July is a good day to run rc boats plus I’m thinking that an o ring that came with the tug boat not sure if it did or didn’t well ttyl for now

Comment

Tactic 6 channel they still have the tactic six channel trans mitter still available brand new

Comment

The o ring goes on the drive shaft and sits on the drive shaft to the beginning of the propeller shaft bulkhead before the propeller is put on the drive shaft of the tube that the drive shaft hole on the stern of the boat that’s what u have to seal up so water can’t get in the hull but I might be changing the size of the oring

Comment

I’m not sure if aqua craft actually Provided a o ring when I bought the tug boat in 2005 unless I lost the o ring but still not sure I’ll look it up online

Comment

I just watched the video of the Atlantic harbor tug boat and I didn’t see a o ring at all When they made tug boat in 2005 but discontinued it 2008 or when they Started producing the Atlantic harbor tug boat sincerely battleship

Comment

Just respectfully saying the o rings I bought were way two big and not small enough so I have to look for o rings that are a lot smaller and stretchable but the o ring are a good thing to keep water from getting inside the tugboats hull ttyl

Comment

I don't think my Tug has o-rings. I'll check next time I have the driveshaft out for cleaning.

Comment

Cool I didn’t have an o ring when I bought the boat but I’m still looking for an o ring that’ll fit seal out the water from getting inside my tug boats. Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
                          Cool I didn’t have an o ring when I bought the boat but I’m still looking for an o ring that’ll fit seal out the water from getting inside my tug boats. Hull
                          I should have mentioned in my last post, but I haven't had an issue with water getting into the hull. The tube is serviced with marine grease and it keeps it dry. Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Comment

thank you very much cm aero I did find a company that makes the o rings but I didn’t have the money and I forgot the website address I’ve been busy very lately with bills and this pandemic is taking an emotional toll on me. I don’t know when Bancroft rc boats is going to produce the positional static gun turrets any ways ttyl

Comment

What trouble will I have putting an rc system in my Atlantic tug from Artesania Latina.what are all the parts needed for a rudder and bow thruster and lights I know radio and receiver and servo but what else?

Comment

I'm in the process of locating a tug for sale. I found one sitting on a shelf in a hobby shop, been there for at least seven maybe 17 years ,and I called them sat after getting paid and it had been sold the day before.

I read comments about cooling the motor and thought a heat sink with a fan used on rc cars would work better.. then if it needed more a piece of plastic pipe inside the stack could be added. A hole to allow fresh air ro be drawn in thru the pipe and holes in the top to vent it...with a small fan if needed..air flow is the key..

Comment

Just respectfully asking sir do u have the motor copler Then u need a servo arm Then in the bottom of the tug boat smoke stack. Drill 3 5/16 inch lord. I on eatch side of the smoke stack and then on the top of the smoke stack drill 5 = 5/16 Then buy a sheet of bass wood and cut it in a square then drill a pilot hole for the screw to hold the cooling fan in place over the motor with that the square block of wood use Velcro the u will need a for aa battery holder with a nine volt to a nine volt battery wire lead then soldier it in to place with shrink tubeing and that’ll create more air flow inside the hull of your tug boat tell me how u turns out
                                  battleship I did post some pictures on how I did it

Comment

Just respectfully saying sirs the photos on page on of the Atlantic harbor tug boat page 1 is how I did that

Comment

Here are the things that I did to my tug boat
                                      Attached Files

Comment

This is what the improvements I have made on my tug boat
                                        Attached Files

Comment

I thinks this is what it looks like with the lighting
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X