Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bancroft RG65 "Quickfire" Racing Sailboat

RG65 Quickfire Racing Sailboat from Bancroft - RTR
    Click image for larger version  Name:	RG65_RTR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	269.2 KB ID:	243159

Conquer the waves with Bancroft, the world’s premier RC Boat brand available exclusively at Motion RC! Bancroft’s line of RC vessels is as vast as the seven seas, specializing in high scale RC Warships, Yachts, Speedboats, and more! Equally at home on your mantle with its included display stand or sailing on calm lakes or pools, Bancroft vessels are made of high-quality materials including ABS, fiberglass, real wood, and photo-etched brass and steel parts.

Bancroft's premier wind-powered vessel is the RG65 Quickfire Racing Sailboat. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the sailboat can be operating within on hour of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter. Only AA batteries and basic final assembly is required to begin sailing!
    Tear-Resistant Sail

Durable yet lightweight, the rip-stop nylon sails provide extended service life in windy conditions. The sail fittings are adhered well and haven't lifted up off the nylon in nearly a year of sailing.

The carbon fiber jib, mast, and boom keep weight down and rigidity high.
    Solid Keel Bulb

A computer-analyzed keel bulb is shaped and weighted for optimal stability. The integrated keel and keel bulb screw into the hull with a watertight seal.

The included display stand makes storing the Quickfire very easy. I ended up painting mine with black paint. Keep in mind, if you're using the stand at a windy pond, be careful to avoid the wind blowing the boat over.
    Variable Geometry Rigging

Adjustable rigging allows sailors to fine tune the performance of their Quickfire depending on weather conditions and sea state. Trim your sheets for acceleration, maneuverability, or top-end speed.

The adjustable boom vane is my favorite component. Threading the metal fitting left or right will raise or lower the main boom, which in turn tightens the main sail. This is perfect for on the fly adjustments depending on the wind conditions that day to not oversheet the system.
    Clear Hatch Covers

Reusable adhesive clear panels allow easy visual monitoring of the internal winch servo and rudder servo.

The 360 degree winch servo is responsive and doesn't bind or tangle, even while making quick directional changes.

Like any sailboat, I don't recommend storing the boat outside because the rubber band will dry out quicker. So far in about a year of use, I haven't had any problems.
    Race Qualified Hull

Race against your friends with a standardized class of hull, keel, and sails.

At 650mm hull length, the Quickfire is in line with other 650mm class racing sailboats out on the market.
    RTR - Ready To Run

A 2.4Ghz radio system is included and pre-installed, as are all internal electronics. Insert AA batteries into the boat and the radio transmitter to begin sailing! Standard AA batteries provide hours of sailing time.

Everyone I hand the radio to, even if they've never sailed a sailboat before, quickly gets a hang of it. Sailing a sailboat is a lot like thermaling a glider --the fun is in finding the wind and using it to fly. In fact, strictly speaking, the sails on a sailboat ARE flying --that's what allows a sailboat to potentially sail upwind faster than it can downwind.
    FEATURES:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio and receiver
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics Pre-Installed
    • Fully Painted and Detailed
    • Rated for calm ponds, pools, and lakes appropriate for RC Boats
    INCLUDES:
    • Bancroft RG65 Quickfire Racing Sailboat - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio and Receiver, pre-installed
    • Winch servo, pre-installed
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • Basic Tabletop Display Stand
    REQUIRES:
    • Four (4) AA-sized 1.5V dry cell batteries, Alkaline or NiMH for the Radio Transmitter
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved for video

Comment

I've always wanted a R/C sailboat to noodle around with on a calm pond or lake. I do like green...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

RG65 is a very fun class to sail. A few extra Sail Sets for Light and High winds and you will have a full conditions Regatta in no time.

My USA-061 Blue Splash RG65
        Attached Files

Comment

Quick question Alpha, do you think the onboard electronics could handle a 2S LiFe as odds are I wouldn't use 4 AA cells for the RX pack? If not, I do have a set of rechargeable AAs I can use as well.
          Though I was not expecting a boat announcement yesterday, I'm happy you brought them out, mainly seeing the Quickfire and Bismark, those two are now on my list. 🙂

Comment

Jdcrow I never knew you were an RG65 runner! I'm glad to see it!

You're right, I need to get A and B sail sets as options. Working on that. We've got ripstop nylon and mylar, although I prefer nylon for most conditions.

Topdogzrc I'll need to check on that and get back to you. I believe 6.0V is the maximum rating so a 6.6V LiFe would be out of the question without a regulator. I'll check.

Comment

Hi Alpha, I sail RC Laser boats too.. Sailboats are super fun when you have more people involved. My daughter has two trophies from last year and she (13) sails against adults. Sailing is challenging when you race. And the different sails for wind speeds is a good idea. http://www.rg65usa.org/ Looks like the class already exist.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

You're right, I need to get A and B sail sets as options. Working on that. We've got ripstop nylon and mylar, although I prefer nylon for most conditions.

Topdogzrc I'll need to check on that and get back to you. I believe 6.0V is the maximum rating so a 6.6V LiFe would be out of the question without a regulator. I'll check.
                While I do like the 1M class, the RG65 is perfect size to slip in the car or truck all rigged out and ready to go..

Comment

Living by the Cheasapeake bay for many years it was natural to sail and I miss it. I really would like to see a 1 meter class, maybe an Americas cup boat. Not the new multi-hull hydro versions but the more classic mono hull and maybe the flying keel. Keeping the sails in mind a 2 set version is nice but with the ribs shaped. After all it is a wing.

Comment

Any specs on winch, Alpha? Speed & torque? How does it compare to Hitec or Turnigy models?

Comment

I like it, but I would like to see one sold receiver ready. I have enough transmitters as it is🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Alpha,
                        Any insights on the Quickfire RG65 as compared to other RTR offerings like the DragonForce 65?

Comment

Just got my Bancroft RG65 "Quickfire" Racing Sailboat
                          I have a lot of RC toys. Planes, drones, 4x4, choppers...
                          First time on Sail boat.
                          I am having difficulties with the first time rigging
                          Can I get help. Diagrams, pictures.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RCFranky View Post
                            Just got my Bancroft RG65 "Quickfire" Racing Sailboat
                            I have a lot of RC toys. Planes, drones, 4x4, choppers...
                            First time on Sail boat.
                            I am having difficulties with the first time rigging
                            Can I get help. Diagrams, pictures.

Thanks
                            Hang Tight RCFranky - I got mine in and will be live unboxing it on our live show on youtube tomorrow, then will be filming a full unboxing and set up early next week. But I also build the Sport Sail this week and will be showing that tomorrow as well, so that can help you get started too.

Our weekly Live Show on YouTube happens at 12pm EST and then replays as well. Link below

Comment

ordered a new RG65 today. Should have her sailworthy on Monday.

I have an old DragonForce RG65 (probably version 2 or 3) I bought at an obscure hobby shop for $25 about 5 years ago. Bought it just for display. I will see how they campare to each other.

Winds in Texas can be interesting. So may need a B-Rig set up for the QuickFire for our sustained winds over 10mph.

Comment

Sneak peek at some of the footage we got of the RG65 and Sportsail!

Comment

i wanted to get that green boat but motion seems to not be able to stock it for over a year now

Comment

Working...
                                  X