X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To sailboats

Hello all my fellow sailboat captains we recently made our first video on the channel of RC sailing. We’ve been sailing over a year now and really find this is something everyone can have fun at. My wife’s friends absolutely love coming to the pond with us and running the boats. It’s funny one day they sailed for almost 3 hours and didn’t even realize it had been so long. Anyway if your interested in sailing take a few minutes and check out the video we will have more on this topic soon.

Boozers made a great video on the fun of RC sailing. For those not used to " Blow Boats" there are a lot of online resources to view. There are basic sailing functions that you need to learn but most of all it's fun with friends and always keep that pointy side up....

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
      Boozers made a great video on the fun of RC sailing. For those not used to " Blow Boats" there are a lot of online resources to view. There are basic sailing functions that you need to learn but most of all it's fun with friends and always keep that pointy side up....
      Love that graphic! Thanks for sharing that

Comment

Really Awesome....!!
        Thanks for sharing.
        Wooden Ship Kits | Wooden Model Ship Kits

Comment

Andrew77 I enjoyed browsing the links in your signature, Andrew!

With first salvo of Bancroft vessels arriving soon, I hope we see a new wave of shipbuilders and RC sailors join the ranks!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

What is the best rc sailboat for a pond? The winner last year had a huge catboat..and was decided to sail around 3 cones? Obviously one with control of sails..

Comment

Originally posted by asprimera@aol.com View Post
              What is the best rc sailboat for a pond? The winner last year had a huge catboat..and was decided to sail around 3 cones? Obviously one with control of sails..
              asprimera@aol.com Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Glad to have you here.

I am no expert on RC Sailboats, though I have sailed some.

Not knowing your location, wind is factor and pond sailing will require a larger boat.

This is a link to a 1-meter boat from Motion RC and it comes very close to fitting the descriptions below.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

It is probably the most relaxing part of the RC Hobby, but that is only my opinion.

I found a portion of an article which should give you some decent information on a good pond boat.

Best, LB

PS: I think it is also a good idea that you change your Hobby Squawk User Name to something that is not a personal email address as a safety precaution.

What is a 1meter RC sailboat?

A 1meter RC sailboat is a remote-controlled miniature boat that can be sailed in ponds, lakes, and other calm bodies of water. These boats [should be] designed to be self-righting and can sail in light to moderate wind conditions. They usually consist of a plastic or fiberglass hull and a rigging system that includes a mast, sails, and ropes.

Here are some additional details about 1m RC sailboats:
              • The standard size for a 1m RC sailboat is around 39 inches in length and 75 inches in height.
              • The hull is usually made of lightweight plastic, such as ABS plastic or fiberglass, to make it easy to transport and maneuver.
              • The self-righting feature allows the boat to recover from capsizing due to wind or waves.
              • The weight of the boat is usually around 6-7 lbs to ensure it is lightweight and easy to transport.
              • There are different types of rigging styles, such as Bermuda, Gaff, and Lateen rigging, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
              • Fully-functional 1m RC sailboat kits are available for purchase online, with detailed instructions to help you build your own sailboat at home.
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
              X