• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first sail boat build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	326927 Man the rigging was a real pain, but she's ready. Definitely a learning experience

If you think the rigging was a pain wait till you sail it.LOL Honestly, sailing is an art in itself. I highly recommend you find some other people to sail with. It is a million times more fun sailing with or competing against other model boats. My 15 year old daughter is a natural and wins quite a few regattas against adults. I guess all the video games pay off for something.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Hahaha! Yes sir I hear that, unfortunately I'm probably the only living individual in the surrounding area that even owns a sailboat, much less an rc one lol

Comment

It's stellar...

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

The DragonForce 65 and DragonFlite 95 are great Sailboats. Lots of organized Regattas thru out Texas just for the DF 95, and the DF 65 starting to compete again. The DF65 US National Championship Regatta was over the November 12th weekend in Dallas, at White Rock Lake (Trinity River Yacht Club With Trinity River Yacht Club | Facebook ).

The AMYA Region 5 DF 95 Championships is this weekend in Corpus Christi, TX.
            (1) DF-95 REGION 5 CHAMPIONSHIP | Facebook
            NATIONAL RANKING EVENT
            December 3rd, 4th & 5th 2021
            Organizing Authorities: American Model Yachting Association (AMYA); DF-95 Class Owners Association
            Hosted By Corpus Christi Yacht Club (CCYC) AMYA Club 399
            98 Coopers Alley, Corpus Christi Texas 78401.

MotionRC becoming another source in the US, will just enhance the following that has already been established.

There are several support pages for both boats. and lots of great info on several dedicated Facebook pages.

Class owners association links to Register Your Boats and secure your sail number.

DragonForce 65 USA Class Owners Association – Online Portal for the DF65USA Class
            DragonFlite 95 USA Class Owners Association – Portal for the DF95 in the USA

Sharpies work great for detailing Mylar and adding Sail Numbers. While some use vinyl for Class, County, Sail Numbers, Sharpies are the preferred choice. Paint and Vinyl tend to stiffen the sail area they are applied to. Which you dont want affecting the shape.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Hahaha! Yes sir I hear that, unfortunately I'm probably the only living individual in the surrounding area that even owns a sailboat, much less an rc one lol
              They Sail these boats in Austin, and Houston. Large following and many Regattas for them regularly..

Comment

Cool deal, thank you sir

Comment

we seem to always be buying the same toys lol picked up a 1m eclipse and a 65cm compass last month ( not racers just fun sailboats) its nice peacfull boating lol first thing i had to do was change out the radios in each as the stock radios were not adequate for the job... Click image for larger version

Name:	eclipse.jfif
Views:	253
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	339650

Comment

I know right! I'm all good with that!

Comment

Where did u get the dragon force?

Comment

I ordered it from motion. I really like how it runs.

Comment

Working...
                        X