X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good boat for a beginner

Hi all, new here and not sure if appropriate but I'm wanting to learn from your experience what a good beginners boat would be? What are the dos and donts

Buy a sailboat that is popular in your area. Sailing with other people in the same class of boat is the most fun. Check different class websites to see if they have clubs or regattas near where you live. 2 boats that are very popular nationwide are the Dragon 95 and the Laser. I own two Lasers and find they are extremely easy to sail and a little larger in size for my old eyes to see. Lots of locals within 60 miles have them so I can compete or leisure sail. Lasers are not cheap new, but second hand can be had for $200.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Appreciate it your advice ... I'm assuming I should steer clear of Amazon then

Comment

A Sailboat. Thats great advice. thanks ⛵

Comment

Ahoy, sailors!

I'm trying to imagine wiring scheme for DYI RC sailboat and I have some doubts.

Does receiver get power trought ESC or it's must be direct line from battery to receiver?

Fair winds and following seas!

Midszypmen

Comment

Just plug a 4.8volt battery into any slot in the receiver. Usually the battery harness has an on and off switch.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Hello, quitcherbitchen!

Does it mean one battery for "ESC + motor" and separate battery 4,8 V for receiver itself?

Thank you!

Midszypmen

Comment

Working...
              X