X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/10 Tour Car Body Detailing

Making a mini-me replica of your own car is a popular thing to do. Using an HPI Sprint 2 chassis and a 190mm HPI Mustang body with some Stage-D Drift accessories I managed to make pretty close replica of my 2003 Mustang Cobra. Using a HPI Micro 1/18 scale and a Cobra R body I made a micro-mini-me as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180320_131142.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	221514

Name:	20180320_131159.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	221515

Name:	20180320_131242.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	221516

Name:	20180320_133202.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	221517

Attached Files

Very Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
      Making a mini-me replica of your own car is a popular thing to do. Using an HPI Sprint 2 chassis and a 190mm HPI Mustang body with some Stage-D Drift accessories I managed to make pretty close replica of my 2003 Mustang Cobra. Using a HPI Micro 1/18 scale and a Cobra R body I made a micro-mini-me as well.
      RCG, Like your work. Question: Is this going to be an open 'car' forum? I used to race 1/12th & 1/10th asphalt back in the day. I'd love to know what is current tech and what is competitive these days. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RCG, Like your work. Question: Is this going to be an open 'car' forum? I used to race 1/12th & 1/10th asphalt back in the day. I'd love to know what is current tech and what is competitive these days. Best, LB
        companies like serpent and mugen are probably the best there is as far as 1/10 scale onroad goes. associated still makes one but no nitro option. tamiya. yokomo. CRC makes some nice indoor carpet pan cars. if you raced 1/12 scale I bet you've heard of the CRC carpet knife. https://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules....category_id=12

.page-body-content img {height: 83px !important;} h5 {font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;padding-left: 10px;color:white;background-color: #b8b8b8;padding-top: 5px;padding-bottom: 5px;margin-bottom: 0px;background: linear-gradient( to right, black,black, #fc6621);border-radius: 5px;} Pancars Competition Serpent Taipan 988e Pan Car

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...s/TC7.2/TC7.2/
        https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/radio...rive-road-trf/
        HPI is not a "race" car. you could technically race one but don't expect it to handle all that good etc. would make a decent parking lot race car if you still have a local hobby shop that races in the parking lots on the weekends.

Comment

serpentracer, I thank you for taking the time to post all this. I will spend some time reviewing. Below is a pic of my old 1/10th Associated parking lot warrior and 1988 Birmingham Nationals Concours de Elegance winner. Still runs as good now as then, though certainly not near the class of the today's racers. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I forgot about XRay cars too. https://www.teamxray.com/
            not sure what has happened to associated. That's all you used to see. Now they seem to be mostly off-road. I loved my 1/10 off road 2wd buggy from associated. It drove so we'll. I had a lot of fun racing it.

Comment

Working...
            X