Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESC Instantly Overheating

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the RC world and I am trying to pull together an RX buggy with the components listed below. I have soldered the ESC and Motor together as required in the instructions and when I connect the battery to test it with a receiver and remote to see if the motor turns nothing happens, the wheels turn but the motor doesn't spin.

Instead, if I leave it 30sec to a min the ESC gets incredibly hot to the point where it will burn to the touch and it cuts out. I am not sure why this is happening but would love some help/guidance.

Components used:

- TrackStar 21.5T "Out Law" Sensored Brushless Motor V2
    - Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase pack (ROAR APPROVED)
    - TrackStar Sportsman 60A 1/10th Scale Sensored Brushless Car ESC (ROAR APPROVED)

Thanks for the support

If you are confident that the A/B/C motor wires are accurately and properly connected between the motor and ESC, and assuming the absence of any reverse polarity, my experience says internal short/defective ESC.

Comment

hooked on hobbies Thanks for answering him. I agree with you, it may likely be a defective component. I'd like the OP to post a photo of his actual setup. That will help us all visually verify that something else isn't amiss.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
      X