Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XK Rock Racer Blue 1/12 Scale 4WD Buggy - RTR

Just a review for this great little buggy,

The car battery charged surprisingly fast, with only being USB. Took about an hour. The radio uses 4, AA batteries. The TX and RX do not stay bound. They re-bind each time the car and radio are turned on and not until you move the steering wheel.

The manual provides great drawings of the construction and parts breakdown. Very nice and handy to have. Installing the battery is easy. Held down by a plastic bar and a metal clip, located in the rear upper deck. It uses a Deans or T style connector.

There is plenty of power for stock, and will definitely go over 20mph with no problem. Turn in is smooth and predictable, with good control. Even on pavement the buggy resist rolling over in turns at any speed. Oil dampened shock would help control some unwanted bounce, but from this price point, it is adequate. This is not a dedicated rock crawler with high gearing and two open differentials. But is made for all around fun outdoors in different surface conditions. Run time is estimated at about 6 to 8 minutes. My first run resulted in 33% left in the 2 cell Lipo and a second run hit 8%. I do not think there is a low voltage cutoff, LVC. This could prove to be a problem with running them too low and the USB charger will not be able to handle that. So i recommend a battery checker for your Lipo and keep an eye on your times. Car proved to be durable after a few good hits against the curb and some end over end roll overs. The radio LCD display can be seen clearly in direct sunlight. The only really useful information is the TX battery voltage. That is nice to see in real time.

With all this said, the fun factor for $124 in RTR form is there! Longer run times would be nice, but space is limited for a larger battery. I personally would just lock the rear axle for better climbing ability or just have it as a solid axle. That would only reduce the turning circle just a bit as a tradeoff for more grip.

All in all, I really like the car and plan for it to go on many camping trips with us and have some fun with it!

Derek

Attached Files
Working...
X