You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tamiya the "Frog" Circa 1987 ohhh the memories for OG's...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya the "Frog" Circa 1987 ohhh the memories for OG's...

I was in my local private Hobby/RC shop and happened on a real Blast from the Past. They had a very good condition for the years and likely use Tamiya Frog Buggy. These were the 5H1t back in my day. I remember saving up forever and also getting help from Grandma and my parents to finally order this guy. It was fun to assemble not too difficult and being Tamiya it was precisely engineered even back then. The technology was mechanical with servos controlling both throttle and steering. Range was ok. The battery was big and heavy, took what felt like forever to charge and I couldn't afford a spare let alone an upgraded battery. But damn it was fun, fast and durable.

Here ya go OG's a blast from 1987 Takin ya back to the old skool cuz I'm an old fool. and it included the original box and paperwork/instructions:

Click image for larger version  Name:	T02vP7B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.2 KB ID:	371822Click image for larger version  Name:	V6Kwts5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.8 KB ID:	371823Click image for larger version  Name:	VDGRHjT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	371824
    Typical floppy steering setup. The skid plate is in much better shape than mine ended up and I cant remember how many sets of tires I burned through.

Back in the day I think it was in the $400 range. They want $140.

Hope you enjoyed-

Chef

MrChef , I worked PT at a Hobby Shop for 8+years during the '80s. We sold all the Tamiya RC on-road cars, Trucks and Off-Road vehicles. The "Hornet", "Grasshopper", and "Frog" were the best-sellers though; bundled with a little 75Mhz Futaba 4 channel stick radio for under $200 as I recall. Just sold the heck out of those. Great find and it does remind me of simpler daze, or days. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
    X