X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xanthar View Post

I'm confused on this. Where are the files for the sunshades? I see posts that people have printed them but, no stl files?
    Check the 2nd post of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Check the 2nd post of this thread.
      I must be doing something wrong. There are 4 pics that I can see on that post, when I login but, no stl files : (

Comment

They were there this morning. Alpha must have just taken them down for some reason. You will have to contact him about the files.

Comment

3DPUP File Exch IR Apple Alpha.zip

Beeg & xanthar ​​​​​​, I show the files in Post #2 and have copied those to the Zipfile above. Let me know if these don't show up for ya'll. Best, LB
          Attached Files
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
            [ATTACH]n260970[/ATTACH]

Beeg & xanthar ​​​​​​, I show the files in Post #2 and have copied those to the Zipfile above. Let me know if there these don't show up for ya'll. Best, LB
            Very strange, They are back again. The other day they had disappeared..

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
              [ATTACH]n260970[/ATTACH]

Beeg & xanthar ​​​​​​, I show the files in Post #2 and have copied those to the Zipfile above. Let me know if there these don't show up for ya'll. Best, LB
              Elbee, Thank You! I was able to download the zip file you posted for me : )

Comment

Any new updates on these? Is this for sale on MRC?

Comment

Thanks for this! Now that I have a printer (since the prices are so much more reasonable now) I printed up some sun shades that my daughter and I will be testing out later today. I suppose they give the look of some specialized antenna sticking out of the top of the turret. Perhaps it's a special helix antenna for satellite reception. I'll go with that explanation.

Clay

Comment

Tested the sun shade out today. My daughter's Leopard did not have the sun shade, while my Abrams did. She was able to hit my Abrams from a much further distance than I could hit her for sure. I would guesstimate that we went from a 10 foot range to at least 15 foot range. I'm printing more of these for the rest of the tanks and will probably go for the high output IR emitters too. I suppose the only downside, compared to the LegoDEI units, is the lack of LEDs on top to show when a hit is registered.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0648.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	360216

Clay

Edit: The photo does show the shade on the Leopard as well... that was installed after we returned from testing. All of our apples will have the shade as otherwise it is definitely an unfair advantage to the person who does not have the shade!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ccarley View Post
                      Tested the sun shade out today. My daughter's Leopard did not have the sun shade, while my Abrams did. She was able to hit my Abrams from a much further distance than I could hit her for sure. I would guesstimate that we went from a 10 foot range to at least 15 foot range. I'm printing more of these for the rest of the tanks and will probably go for the high output IR emitters too. I suppose the only downside, compared to the LegoDEI units, is the lack of LEDs on top to show when a hit is registered.

Clay
                      I worked with the designer of the shades and made the first prototypes by hand. There are post on the subject from early days of the tank forum. The shades are a good stop gap measure (and the only option for a while), but they are not a real fix.

The LegoDEI can receive hits from 150 feet in bright noonday CA summer sun. Even further in lower lighting, out to 250 feet. LegoDEI do not have “dead spots” like the HL receivers where HLs can’t be hit. Also the LegoDEI can be hit while the turret is turning something that is problematic with many of the HL receivers.

The HP bulbs will only add a couple of feet more range. The Heng Long bulbs are actually pretty good and our clubs testing shows they have almost the same maximum range as the HP bulbs when fired at Tamiya and LegoDEI receivers. The only down side is the HL bulb tend to not last as long as the HP bulbs and start to loose “power” after a few years of use.

Comment

Rubicon99,

Well... thank you for that information! 150 feet seems rather insane compared to our 10 to 15 feet of range. Holy Cow I had no idea. Here I was pretty stoked for a little bit of range but those distances are totally worth switching over.

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by ccarley View Post
                          Rubicon99,

Well... thank you for that information! 150 feet seems rather insane compared to our 10 to 15 feet of range. Holy Cow I had no idea. Here I was pretty stoked for a little bit of range but those distances are totally worth switching over.

Clay
                          This is a photo of a Heng Long M4 (red circle) being shot at from just over 60ft away. Yes 150 feet is a long ways away and not the norm for most most IR battles which are usually no further then 25-30 feet such as those battles held by the LA Tank Club, or at the AAF Tank Museum on the east coast. But there are those clubs like San Diego, DAK and a few others that have huge battle fields and long range gun battles do happen often. In fact San Diego is having a battle on Nov 6th 2022 that anyone is welcome to attend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	47B25DCC-19EB-42C2-9563-6CFD8435207C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	510.3 KB ID:	360220

Comment

Yes, in San Diego we have very long shots. We regularly hit each other so far away we cannot see the tanks lights flash, we have to read the expressions of the tank commander to determine if we hit them. In one test we were over 200 feet with a Tamiya shooting a henglong with dei and he was teasing his hand every time I shot him. Move my tank to the left or right an inch and I missed.
                            RC tank parts and accessories I make
                            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                            X