X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    Hey guys, got a question. I received my T-34 today and of course need to open it up - I use XT-30 connectors on all my tanks for their compactness. I've removed the four screws on the bottom. The front lifts up but not the back. Secret screws, or a tab? I don't want to push the top either way for fear of breaking something. Help me! 😁

Edit: Oops, never mind. Yes, there are two "hidden" screws in the back underneath the fenders. I got it.
    Can wait to see what you do with your T34!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Can wait to see what you do with your T34!!!!
      I'm planning on Berlin air identification white stripes. That oughta stand out in the field! I do see what others were talking about regarding dry decals. The turret surface is quite rough. I may try some Peddinghaus water slide decals.

On inspecting the tank, I found a broken metal swing arm axle, on the right side. I'll get Toucan to replace it, and I can run it around home with four road wheels on one side, but does anyone know of any spares kicking around San Diego?
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I'm planning on Berlin air identification white stripes. That oughta stand out in the field! I do see what others were talking about regarding dry decals. The turret surface is quite rough. I may try some Peddinghaus water slide decals.

On inspecting the tank, I found a broken metal swing arm axle, on the right side. I'll get Toucan to replace it, and I can run it around home with four road wheels on one side, but does anyone know of any spares kicking around San Diego?
        I have a few spares but I am 2 hours from you.

Comment

..working on it..

Stock. (broken axle on #4 wheel)

Click image for larger version  Name:	T-34.85 01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	335.4 KB ID:	275347

Starting the repaint. Used Tamiya AS-14, USAF Olive Green. Very close, maybe a shade lighter. Gets rid of the black splotches. Painted the treads with some ModelMaster Dark Tan. I'll run it around on cement to rub the brown off the highlights. (New axle, courtesy of a gracious fellow tanker.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	T-34.85 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	267.0 KB ID:	275348

Added the 1945 Air Identification stripes. Fun masking that off! Next step is rust and grime. Can't weather the turret though, since I'm waiting on some Archer transfers.

Comment

Gotta give a shout out to Toucan. I'd bought the T-34 through them and as I'd noted before, a road wheel axle was broken. They answered my emails the same day and I received a replacement in about 8 days, no charge. Thumbs up.

Comment

Here’s an interim photo, still waiting for decals..I do like AK’s rub on iron color paste.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8B1C9D0-097D-4C48-A356-3CE1A504B366.jpeg
Views:	616
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	277142

Comment

That's some beautiful work there, Bob.

Comment

Here is what I did with mine. The numbers an red star was from the Hobby King C-47 kit. It came with a Russian decal set that worked nicely on the T-34.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C49E03CD-1DBF-4929-AD53-5BA93F99359D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	158.7 KB ID:	277799
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	672B08F3-C2AD-4809-9398-D99A3C382F1B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	277800

Comment

Cool! Also, I see a row of tanks in the background. All yours? Is one of them a KV-2? If so tell us more.

Comment

I'll admit I was not a big fan of the T34 prior to building one late last year. It IR battles really well, it is not the smoothest running with it loose clunky tracks and it is not the best rough terrain conquering tank, but it does excellent in soft soil, fine sand and light mud driving. Overall the dang thing just runs and runs and run and runs and runs with VERY little maintenance compared to others.

I have lent it out to at least a dozen people to try their first driving experience and battle with. It has never lost a track or failed to put a smile on the first time drivers faces.

I have to say the T34 as earned a soft spot in my heart and I am even looking to add another one or two to the fleet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E0CF2710-0ED7-4D54-83AD-673A5D0FEF18.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	330.0 KB ID:	277896

Click image for larger version  Name:	1F605424-B321-4DA4-B171-8222FA245A5C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	333.9 KB ID:	277895

Comment

Cool! Also, I see a row of tanks in the background. All yours? Is one of them a KV-2? If so tell us more.
                        They are not all mine. We have a great little tanking group. The M-26 Pershing I upgraded to the 6.0 system.

The trucks in the lower picture are also made by Heng Long. And are 1/16th scale.

Click image for larger version  Name:	11EFFD8A-FB03-4A3C-8174-1BF24F88B9E2.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	266.8 KB ID:	277952Click image for larger version  Name:	5259308F-CC79-415C-906B-ACE7346F8D03.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	265.7 KB ID:	277953

Comment

Hi gang,

My T34 is at the front door waiting for me... Dai

Comment

I never posted the final product here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2BA7333-A134-4226-A585-05F121D23DA7.jpeg
Views:	461
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	296943

Comment

Been enjoying the T34 in this review so much I added a few more to the fleet. This is the last T34 I built a few months ago. Desert “Arab” theme. It already has proven to be an excellent battling tank.

There are a bunch more photos of it on my Instagram @ fsttanks
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	128E0E10-A4FB-4508-82BB-8440879C51D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	374.4 KB ID:	296959Click image for larger version  Name:	84878DF0-3960-4C24-B31B-031AB83C6418.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	215.4 KB ID:	296961Click image for larger version  Name:	3EEAB9D8-EFD9-4541-982C-A1805F20AEA5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	526.6 KB ID:	296960

Comment

Hi all

I got mine tonight. Full metal road wheels with the FPV feature. The tank is heavy and feels like my Taigen JS2. I think I made the right choice buying this one. Dai
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
                                  Hi all

I got mine tonight. Full metal road wheels with the FPV feature. The tank is heavy and feels like my Taigen JS2. I think I made the right choice buying this one. Dai
                                  They are a great tank, I am very pleased with mine. I hope you have a chance to report on the fpv feature. It is something I have been thinking of adding to my t34.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                                    Been enjoying the T34 in this review so much I added a few more to the fleet. This is the last T34 I built a few months ago. Desert “Arab” theme. It already has proven to be an excellent battling tank.

There are a bunch more photos of it on my Instagram @ fsttanks
                                    Click image for larger version Name:	128E0E10-A4FB-4508-82BB-8440879C51D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	374.4 KB ID:	296959Click image for larger version Name:	84878DF0-3960-4C24-B31B-031AB83C6418.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	215.4 KB ID:	296961Click image for larger version Name:	3EEAB9D8-EFD9-4541-982C-A1805F20AEA5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	526.6 KB ID:	296960
                                    Love this color on the T-34! Excellent work!

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

They are a great tank, I am very pleased with mine. I hope you have a chance to report on the fpv feature. It is something I have been thinking of adding to my t34.
                                      I tried the FPV option on my first tank. It relies on WiFi (or Bluetooth?) on an app on your phone. The image was very good, but it froze so often that it was useless for me. Don’t know if it was the app or the electronics in the tank.

Ive bought a couple of combo camera transmitter units for tank FPV. They work well, but of course you need goggles or a monitor to receive the images.

Comment

I tried the FPV option on my first tank. It relies on WiFi (or Bluetooth?) on an app on your phone. The image was very good, but it froze so often that it was useless for me. Don’t know if it was the app or the electronics in the tank.

Ive bought a couple of combo camera transmitter units for tank FPV. They work well, but of course you need goggles or a monitor to receive the images.
                                        I was wondering about that. In a way, bluetooth, while its range is less might be better, since it would go with the tank and phone. I think wifi would be tied to some kind of central router that one would have to stay in range of.

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
                                          Hi all

How in the world do I use the FPV feature? Dai

Comment

Working...
                                          X