X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R/C TANK CLUBS USA

There are several R/C TANK CLUBS in the USA. Several or most of them utilize Infrared Sensors similar to the HengLong units to have battles between Axis and Allied forces.
    Incredible battle fields complete with scale buildings, bridges, railroads and even streams! Several have interactive targets such as collapsible bridges, surrender flags and more!
    Most clubs started with the 1/16 Tamiya tanks and have evolved into utilizing HL, MATORRO and many , many other tanks for InfraRed Combat.
    Below, please list your local or area R/C Tank Club and photos of your battlefield. I hope this helps bring many current, new and future R/C Tank Hobbyists together!

Here is one club in Texas... www.TEXASARMOR.com check it out and this video that was taken during one of the most active years in the club!

Comment

Originally posted by TXARMOR View Post
      There are several R/C TANK CLUBS in the USA. Several or most of them utilize Infrared Sensors similar to the HengLong units to have battles between Axis and Allied forces.
      Incredible battle fields complete with scale buildings, bridges, railroads and even streams! Several have interactive targets such as collapsible bridges, surrender flags and more!
      Most clubs started with the 1/16 Tamiya tanks and have evolved into utilizing HL, MATORRO and many , many other tanks for InfraRed Combat.
      Below, please list your local or area R/C Tank Club and photos of your battlefield. I hope this helps bring many current, new and future R/C Tank Hobbyists together!
      Great to have you join the forum and we look forward to interfacing ideas with you to help bring more people into the world of r/c tanks.

Comment

TXARMOR Welcome to Hobby Squawk! This thread is a great idea, I hope more of you can add your clubs' information as the word spreads within our community. I love running and gunning these tanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08961.JPG
Views:	2160
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	223795
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by TXARMOR View Post
          Here is one club in Texas... www.TEXASARMOR.com check it out and this video that was taken during one of the most active years in the club!

watched some of them running around the course this past Bomberfield B-17 Event. Do you permit these Heng Long IR systems to compete in your other battles? Several of us in Fort Worth are looking to add them to our rc activity

Comment

As I have already elaborated to extent on our Socal clubs on earlier posts here I will simply post the links to our pages for reference on this thread. Thanks TX Armor Association for coming here to represent!

619th Tank Battalion San Diego
            San Diego’s 619th Tank Battalion hosts rc tank battles in 1/16 scale that use the Tamiya Infrared Battle System to have tank battles. Its fun, its addictive and building models that kick your...

LA Tank at the El Monte Military Museum
            L.A. TANK, Los Angeles, California. 1,377 likes · 1 talking about this. L.A. TANK is an RC Tank Hobbyist Association for people specifically interested in Radio Controlled Armor vehicles. We are...
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
              As I have already elaborated to extent on our Socal clubs on earlier posts here I will simply post the links to our pages for reference on this thread. Thanks TX Armor Association for coming here to represent!

San Diego’s 619th Tank Battalion hosts rc tank battles in 1/16 scale that use the Tamiya Infrared Battle System to have tank battles. Its fun, its addictive and building models that kick your...

https://www.facebook.com/LA-TANK-1374316629449631/
              **Sadly this event had to be postponed due to heavy rains this weekend**

619th Tank Battalion San Diego is having their "Season Opening" IR battle day (and fun run) this Sun Feb. 23 stating at 9:00am. Come out and join the fun or just come to watch, there are always a few extra tanks to be lent out to join in with.

For more information visit the 619th link in the above post.

NOTE: This is a huge field with with lots of maneuvering, long range duals, natural terrain obstacles to challenge your tank and your driving/firing skills. The battle is expected to be quite a draw so please stop by and introduce yourself.

Comment

DAK...Desert Armor Korps, PHX, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post

https://www.facebook.com/LA-TANK-1374316629449631/
                  LA Tanks is having their March battle day this Sun 03/01. Starts at 10:00am so if you are in the SoCal area and want to have a fun time and meet a few tank hobbyists stop by.

Check out the above link for more details.

Comment

FRAG RC Tank Club is in Denver CO.

FRAG RC Tank. 1,814 likes · 3 talking about this. FRAG is meeting the last Sat. of each mo. at a new temporary indoor location. Email for directions.

Comment

Salt Lake Armored Group (S.L.A.G.)

This group is to promote the enjoyment and use of Radio control Tanks and other military ground vehicles. It is also to boost the hobby of scale model building and other skills associated with them....

Comment

James

Found these guys. Somewhere in Georgia. Maybe James knows.

Southeast Armored Division

Comment

Contacted SEAD and was informed they are in the Atlanta area.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                            Contacted SEAD and was informed they are in the Atlanta area.
                            Do you know where, exactly ? I tried contacting them last week and got no response.

Comment

Originally posted by Cascabel View Post

Do you know where, exactly ? I tried contacting them last week and got no response.
                              I heard back from the guy with SEAD. I've asked him twice to provide more information here for those interested.

Anyway, hope you can get in contact with them.

Comment

Don't know if this group is still active. Michigan/Indiana

Comment

The FRAG Battlefield has been dismantled temporarily as we look for a new field, hopefully indoors. For now, follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX and keep an eye out for our new website: coming soon....Covid has caused some delays. Thanks!
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8913.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	311.7 KB ID:	256805You can also view some video tours of the field, (I'd recommend going to the settings and speeding them up, as they are a bit long:)
                                  Final battle day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc3K_OftUu4
                                  Field during setup: we spend hours picking weeds and setting up stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-IY4aPuV_M

Comment

So far from what I've seen on the web FRAG has the coolest buildings and RC tank battlefield. I also love that they have their own website. There are a lot of us that don't do "BookFace"..

Comment

Let's give this thread a bump.

The loss of the Detroit Tank Command rc tank club has left us with no rc armor activities in se michigan, too bad. They also had a great website. I had made contact with them just as the doors were being locked. Appears to be rather typical as many of the hobbyists have retired, passed, or moved on from the hobby. The whole covid thing really gave already thinning clubs the final death blow.

For those that are still with me I am looking to restart rc armor activities in the metro area, if there is interest. Have several outdoor areas available. For indoor I have a couple of options possible. Operations base would be in the Mt Clemens area. Drop a message if you are in the area and have an interest.

Comment

You've posted on RC Universe, RC Groups and RC Tank Warfare forums too? We're a sparse group of hobbyists, but all over the place. Good luck.
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                                        X