Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve tdi View Post
    Let's give this thread a bump.

The loss of the Detroit Tank Command rc tank club has left us with no rc armor activities in se michigan, too bad. They also had a great website. I had made contact with them just as the doors were being locked. Appears to be rather typical as many of the hobbyists have retired, passed, or moved on from the hobby. The whole covid thing really gave already thinning clubs the final death blow.

For those that are still with me I am looking to restart rc armor activities in the metro area, if there is interest. Have several outdoor areas available. For indoor I have a couple of options possible. Operations base would be in the Mt Clemens area. Drop a message if you are in the area and have an interest.

Be open minded and willing to absorb stock HL tanks into your club. We have out west and our numbers are growing. There are rules we use for stock to near stock HL tanks that make the newer 6.0 + fairly compatible with Tamiya protocol tanks. The only mod a HL tank needs is a LegoDEI IR receiver and adherence to the 6/6/LP rule governing stock 6.0+ HL tanks.

It you want to know more about the 6/6/LP rule we use out west and the vast improvements the LegoDEI receivers make please feel free to ask.

We are here to help you with ideas to help you build and grow a club.

Comment

Texas? Sweet. The website link for location is broken. Where ya'll located? Im just SW of Houston.

Comment

Irvine Tank club in OC, CA.

Welcome to the Irvine tank club, we are a new and up coming RC tank club that hosts tank battles in 1/16 scale and mainly use the Tamiya infrared battle system. Other brands that don't support the...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
          Texas? Sweet. The website link for location is broken. Where ya'll located? Im just SW of Houston.
          Take a look at the Texas Armor Association: http://www.texasarmor.com/. I'm not an armor guy, but these guys have an amazing tank battlefield setup at Bomber Field in Monaville, TX.

Comment

[QUOTE=F106DeltaDart;n359373]

Bomber Field in "Monaville, TX."

Roger that

Excellent...not on the other side of the world..

Comment

[QUOTE=Zippersnapper;n359374]
              Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Bomber Field in "Monaville, TX."

Roger that

Excellent...not on the other side of the world..
              Nope, not on the side of the world. Takes me about an hour and 20 minutes to get there from just outside Austin. You are a heck of a lot closer though. We usually get there around 10AM and go to about 2PM depending on the weather and who shows up. Each month they alternate Saturdays and Sundays to meet as some people can't do one or the other like me. I work Sunday through Thursdays so I'm only there every other month when battle days fall on Saturday. There is better info on the Facebook group under "Texas Armor Association". For some reason the website has not been updated in quite some time. All the event dates for this year are on the FB group page.

Last month's battle day coincided with an RC airplane event so there were a lot of people running around that day. Some of my tanks are closest to the camera to include the Firefly:

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you sir. I'll have a look at thier FB group, and yes...the schedule is a few years old so I was wondering about that. I dont IR battle, but it would be a real treat to see one happening in person. RC aircraft would be a Major bonus as well, as I have always admired that hobby.

Comment

Looks like the last battle was Sunday the 16th so the next battle day is Nov. 19th which is a Saturday. I should be attending that one. No need to do anything special at this point. There are Heng Long and Tamiya tanks (well and all the others) out on the field. No reason not to come out and run your tanks around the field being that you are pretty close... :)

Comment

I live in Huntington Beach, Southern California. There are already 3 clubs around me: LA tank Tank Club, Irvine Tank Club, and 619th Tank Battalion San Diego. There is also a Modern RC Tanks Club in Chino. But I think it might be just a website. At the HB Central Park near my house, there is a nice spot that is only 2 minute of walk from the free public parking lot. There is a nice public restroom a minute away. The spot has many trees with shades. It also has a big concrete picnic table. I think it is a perfect RC tank battlefield. I tried to play battle there 2 times. They were great.

So with all the clubs around me, I don't think I need to start a new club. I just want to have fun battling my tanks. I will just pick a date and announce my event probably once a month. If I am able to receive 10 players to sign up, then I am good to battle.

Those last two times, I picked the afternoon to battle since I have religious commitment. I realized later that there were a lot of veterans and retired joggers at the park, especially in the morning time. So at my next event, I will run it in the morning. Who knows that I might attract more players for my event. And my battle event is played with mostly HL tanks. I feel that with less rules and affordable tanks, more players will join in to play.

At this time, I only have 9 houses, 15 little plastic trees, 6 knock-out tanks the 10 real trees at the park for the use of obstacles in my battlefield. I will slowly build up or get more to fill in this vast open space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5939.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	359408

Comment

What you need David are some long Hedge rows like Normandy. Saves on buildings.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Are there any in Oklahoma?

Comment

Was wondering are there any RC tank clubs on Long Island NY

Comment

There is a group here in the Pacific Northwest called Nordpac. I haven’t been able to attend any events yet but am hoping to this year. From what I’ve been reading on the msg boards they are struggling to keep it going post Covid.

Hopefully this year will go better and it will pick back up.

Comment

Any RC Tank Clubs or events happening here around the Tampa Bay area here in Florida that anyone knows about?

Comment

cmdr I think they are still active. You can join MeWe for free. Nothing in Orlando.

(3)MeWe - The Next-Gen Social Network

Bay Area Blitzkerg RC Tank Club. I think they meet in Largo Park​. (280) 360 VIDEO! Bay Area Blitzkrieg RC Tank Club - November 13th, 2021 at the MVPA - YouTube

Comment

Any tank clubs the the North East USA? I’m located in CT. and would travel. Thanks, JP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jpaw33 View Post
                                    Any tank clubs the the North East USA? I’m located in CT. and would travel. Thanks, JP.
                                    Good question.

Thanks for bringing this post back. I noticed earlier you were in CT. Where about? I'm in Putnam County, NY.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Good question.

Thanks for bringing this post back. I noticed earlier you were in CT. Where about? I'm in Putnam County, NY.
                                      I’m located in Ashford. It’s north eastern CT. Near the University of Connecticut.

Comment

Originally posted by Jpaw33 View Post

I’m located in Ashford. It’s north eastern CT. Near the University of Connecticut.
                                        I'm about an hour and a half from you. I used to live in Manchester in the late 90's right when it started getting built up. My parents live in NH so I pass near you when I shoot up there to visit.

I wish we could find people of like minds closer but this is a start.

Anyone out there in Westchester or Putnam Counties NY?

Chef

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

I'm about an hour and a half from you. I used to live in Manchester in the late 90's right when it started getting built up. My parents live in NH so I pass near you when I shoot up there to visit.

I wish we could find people of like minds closer but this is a start.

Anyone out there in Westchester or Putnam Counties NY?

Chef
                                          I lived in Manchester from 1991 thru 1998. I was off Hartford rd. Near West town Pharmacy! Friends of mine owned a hobby store on Center st, the old Manchester Hobbies

Comment

Working...
                                          X