X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger 1 paint scheme

Love that you guys are now getting into tanks. Have you guys considered doing a desert tan paint scheme with some weathering detail for the Tiger 1? There are some nice Heng Long ones out there. Several of the other tanks offered have very nice paint schemes but the Tiger 1 gray looks a bit too blue and it could use a bit more weathering. Also, I believe, it was mentioned here that the Tiger 1 has barrel recoil but in the info part of Motion's Tiger 1 site it says no. Can you clarify this and weather it comes with the airsoft version or only IR?

rzing Hello there!

Heng Long's Tiger I comes in two editions. Both editions include IR, Airsoft, and Track Recoil. However, only the more expensive Professional Edition features Barrel Recoil in addition to those other three features.

​​​​​The Professional Edition also uniquely features metal tracks, metal idler wheel, metal sprocket wheel, and metal road wheels with real rubber tires.

Regarding the color, Heng Long's Tiger I is an Early type, many of which were the blue/gray dunkelgrau. Hooben makes a Late type, in later war camo (dunkelgelb, dunkelbraun, and dunkelgrun). Heng Long did used to produce a dunkelgelb Tiger I Early. This is the dark yellow often seen on tanks in DAK units, etc.

Regardless of the factory color, I agree that more weathering to the taste of the driver can help achieve a more realistic effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15784345136726292035732129948430.jpg
Views:	3286
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	226826
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Alpha,
      Thanks for the response. I'm leaning toward the Pro Version so that's good news regarding the barrel recoil. In your "Upgrade Paths" you mention a possible "main shaft bearing collar" upgrade. Is this still recommended with the Pro version or does it maybe come with it? If it is something that should/could be added, will Motion carry them?
      Thanks
      Roy

Comment

Quick question about the Heng Long German Tiger 1 Upgrade Edition 1/16 Scale Heavy Tank. Will there be a desert yellow version along with the gray version?

Comment

Working...
        X