X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long KV-1 TK6.0 Issues

Hello, everyone. I recently purchased my 2nd Heng Long Tk6.0 version tank. My first was the M4A3 Sherman and it has been great. My newest is a KV-1 with the TK6.0 electronics. First issue out of the box, the tank goes backwards when pushing the stick forward, opened it up and switch the mot 1 / mot 2 plugs on the board and that fixed that issue. Next I find a unplugged wire in there, just sitting on the gearbox, it has the same plug as the other LED light plugs but I have no idea what it's for, it goes into the turret. I tried it in the aiming light port and the launch / flashing light port and nothing happens. All the other lights / functions of the tank seem fine so I'm nos sure what's going on with this. Next issue, my IR system is not working right. If I fire my Sherman at the KV-1 it will register a hit, lights flash tank shakes. If I fire the KV-1 at the Sherman, nothing happens on the Sherman. So, I swapped the IR receiver eggs around from the tanks and have the same results. So I'm guessing maybe the IR emitter on my KV-1 is No Good? It's plugged in. Tried to test with camera on phone but thats not working with iPhone. Not sure what else to do here, about ready to ship it back to where I got it from. ( patiently waiting for Motion RC to get tanks in stock ) . Any suggestions? Help? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	KV-1.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	235332

Name:	kv1-wiring-2.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	235333

Name:	kv1-wiring.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	235334

HDMM Welcome! Our tanks are arriving soon, we're very excited.

To your questions, what color are the two wires of the disconnected connector? And was the connector black (and LED connector) or white (a function connector)? Knowing the colors will help identify what the function is.

Here is a TK6 wiring diagram.

Name:	HLG6021-001 -- Diagram.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	235342

As for function, the IR emitter (which "fires" at other tanks and registers hits on them) is a separate function from the IR receiver (the black apple that "receives" hits from other tanks and causes your tank to shake). Both of these have their own channels in the MFCB. Channel 15 and 16, respectively.

At what distance are you testing the IR receiver? Keep in mind, the "round" is "fired" not from the cannon barrel, but from wherever the IR emitter is concealed in the mantle. On the Sherman, this position relates to gunner's sight, which is a hole beside the main gun barrel. Ensure this is lined up at the KV-1, and not too closely. I prefer to test at 3-4 paces
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks for responding Alpha. It is a black (LED) plug, the wires go from red / black on the plug then splice into red / blue and it goes up into the turret bundle. Ive checked channel 15 / 16 both are plugged in. I swapped apples from the sherman to the KV-1 and I get the same results. Sherman can make hits that register on KV-1 , KV-1 does not hit anything. Testing this indoors with tanks about 4' apart, tried different angles, rotate turret etc. I can hit the KV-1 with the sherman machine gun too and it will register a hit on the KV-1. It also looks like the emitter is in the mantle next to the cannon on the KV-1

Comment

Originally posted by HDMM View Post
        Thanks for responding Alpha. It is a black (LED) plug, the wires go from red / black on the plug then splice into red / blue and it goes up into the turret bundle. Ive checked channel 15 / 16 both are plugged in. I swapped apples from the sherman to the KV-1 and I get the same results. Sherman can make hits that register on KV-1 , KV-1 does not hit anything. Testing this indoors with tanks about 4' apart, tried different angles, rotate turret etc. I can hit the KV-1 with the sherman machine gun too and it will register a hit on the KV-1. It also looks like the emitter is in the mantle next to the cannon on the KV-1
        It sounds like you have a bad IR bulb. I had this issues with my second 6.0 T72. Replaced the bulb and all is good now.

Comment

OK, that's what I am thinking as well at this point. I think I'd rather try hat than go through all the trouble of returning this.

Comment

Assuming that your IR bulb isn't blocked by a blob of glue (unlikely), and it isn't buried in the mantle (unlikely), and the solder joint isn't broken (possible), then I think Rubicon is right!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Assuming that your IR bulb isn't blocked by a blob of glue (unlikely), and it isn't buried in the mantle (unlikely), and the solder joint isn't broken (possible), then I think Rubicon is right!
              I agree. I checked the obvious first, glue or paint blockage, but I can see the bulb clearly. (my headlight was totally covered in paint) I have it tore down now to paint the tracks, sprockets and idlers. I have to find somewhere to order a new IR bulb, then tear it apart and try to fix it. I'd like to have one on hand in case I don't find a bad solder joint or pinched wire.

Comment

Working...
              X