X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My battery won't work!

When i charge my battery for my Henglong tank the tank won't turn on what do i do?

Originally posted by Slurve View Post
    When i charge my battery for my Henglong tank the tank won't turn on what do i do?
    Assuming you have the tank and transmitter turned on (the tanks lights should be blinking = tanks power is on and the transmitter should have the red LED lighted). To start the tank you have to press the "lock" symbol on the transmitter. If the tank sound does not start and you do not see the tank's lights turn to solid = not blinking then you most likely have an issue and should contact CS.

Comment

I added this to the FAQ thread:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...eng-long-tanks
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

When i turn on the tank and run it for about five min it just turns off without notice. Also the battery is only reading 6 volts on a meter and not 7.4.

Comment

If the battery is at 6 volts, that's only 3 volts per cell. It's empty. The tank is shutting itself off because it can see that the voltage is too low for it to operate safely. Stop trying to drive the tank, and instead charge the battery until the cells are fully charged.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

It also appears that the battery won't charge i have charged it for 5 hours and it still reads 6 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by Slurve View Post
              It also appears that the battery won't charge i have charged it for 5 hours and it still reads 6 volts.
              Your charger probably died. In my case, both chargers died while charging the lipo the 2nd time. If you don't get a green light when you plug the charger into the wall (no battery connected), then the charger is dead. I'm just using my regular hobby charger. Be sure to set it to LiIo (4.10v), not LiPo (4.20)

Comment

My heng long tank has been charging for weeks now the green light turns on when plugged in but when I unplug the battery after a day I try to turn on my tank flipping the transmitter on and off a few times but it doesnt turn on I also try to charge the tank while plugged in to the tank as well but the tank is off but when I turn it on on the charger it starts for a while then shuts off

Comment

Originally posted by Russian_spy View Post
                  My heng long tank has been charging for weeks now the green light turns on when plugged in but when I unplug the battery after a day I try to turn on my tank flipping the transmitter on and off a few times but it doesnt turn on I also try to charge the tank while plugged in to the tank as well but the tank is off but when I turn it on on the charger it starts for a while then shuts off
                  Sounds like it may be a bad battery. Have you tried charging the battery with it removed from the tank? Have you tried a different battery?

Comment

Got a battery tester? What does it say?

These Li-ion packs have a protection circuit that prevents it from too deep a discharge. It can also cause issues with charging.

Check out this video from the merry boozers who did some launch content when motion started stocking the tanks. It worked for me.

Comment

Your battery is probably just asleep. They can be woken up using the video link mshagg shared above if you have a regular RC charger (worth investing in anyway). Welcome to HobbySquawk Russian_spy

Comment

I connect the battery to the charger it turns green,ok,next I plug the charger but it doesn’t turn red,it doesn’t charge,the charger is faulty or the battery?
                        And I don’t have equipment and extra money to buy new batteries and testers and all of that.
                        could I exchange the battery and charger?

Comment

Working...
                        X