X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printing tanks

Hey, something i've seen rising is the topic of 3D printing RC tanks. I thought this was really neat and considering i own a 3D printer thought i wanted to make one maybe for a future project and just wanted to know if anyone has files for these tanks or if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!

Here a couple months ago I was looking at a CRV(T) set a guy was printing, he had the FV101 Scorpion, and the one with the 30mm auto cannon, believe that one is the Scimitar, I dont remember if he had the Scorpion 90mm. All with the caveat that he didnt want to sell the STLs, you had to buy them as an already printed kit that is quite expensive and you need to fashion your own RC running gear as the CRV(T)s are tiny little things. I also saw someone putting out files for an SU 76 soviet self propelled gun but I dont recall where I saw it.

Comment

Yeah i'm kinda bummed out that the files are so expensive, and then on top of that you have to buy your own internals. But thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
        Here a couple months ago I was looking at a CRV(T) set a guy was printing, he had the FV101 Scorpion, and the one with the 30mm auto cannon, believe that one is the Scimitar, I dont remember if he had the Scorpion 90mm. All with the caveat that he didnt want to sell the STLs, you had to buy them as an already printed kit that is quite expensive and you need to fashion your own RC running gear as the CRV(T)s are tiny little things. I also saw someone putting out files for an SU 76 soviet self propelled gun but I dont recall where I saw it.
        Don't know of a full kit for the SU 76, but if you want to convert HL's Pz3, Colin Stevenson on FB offers STL files or as a printed kit for a SU 76i if that's your preference. Also has a nice T34/76 turret that you can adapt to HL/Trumpeter hull. I've just ordered files for both. Prices are very reasonable for either one. He's currently working on a SU 100 kit now. You can reach him on the Ostfront RC Tank group.

Click image for larger version  Name:	69697916_10218658018795645_5311798333721804800_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	200.6 KB ID:	240511Click image for larger version  Name:	75442938_10219294772554091_3447533535118753792_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	240512

Comment

https://pinshape.com/items/39348-3d-...-scale-rc-su76 This was the SU76 I was looking at. and here is the FV101 https://spykerworkshop.com/product-c.../scorpiontank/ Herrmill, if you go back a page on the Tank Gallery thready I have pix up of the SU76M ive be scratching together.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I have a few friends with the 3D printed Scorpions done in desert themes. They are pretty cool and quite good little IR battle tanks.

Rarity usually means expensive in the world of r/c tanks and the Scorpion is no exception. At least it is there for those that just have to have one.

Comment

Here is a rare beast a 3D printed M60 Patton. It is one of only two in the U.S. and the only one that is actively running and gunning. It belongs to a friend of mine and is not a tank for those new to r/c tanks as it took a lot of extra work to make it run reliability at the HengLong or Tamiya standards of performance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1EFF2D68-029A-4A63-9A89-CE3D7A10E954.jpeg
Views:	632
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	240621

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I have a few friends with the 3D printed Scorpions done in desert themes. They are pretty cool and quite good little IR battle tanks.

Rarity usually means expensive in the world of r/c tanks and the Scorpion is no exception. At least it is there for those that just have to have one.
                  I know what you mean about expensive novelty tanks, I Just had to have an Elefant and got in on Hoobens first production run of them, just in the last month pulled it out of storage to build with all the excitement going on with tanks recently...and promptly remembered why I shelved it.

I decided im going to keep things simple and relatively cheap for now; convert all the really old stuff I have to the 6.0 boards and, I had planned on cutting the Walker I just bought up and converting it into a Super Hellcat but after I was looking at the M41 modernization build thread you did on RCuniverse a few years ago I was inspired, might model it up as a Danish M41 Dk-1 and I like that grey-green/tan with black accent squiggles test camo scheme you used.

Comment

I know what you mean about expensive novelty tanks, I Just had to have an Elefant and got in on Hoobens first production run of them, just in the last month pulled it out of storage to build with all the excitement going on with tanks recently...and promptly remembered why I shelved it.

I decided im going to keep things simple and relatively cheap for now; convert all the really old stuff I have to the 6.0 boards and, I had planned on cutting the Walker I just bought up and converting it into a Super Hellcat but after I was looking at the M41 modernization build thread you did on RCuniverse a few years ago I was inspired, might model it up as a Danish M41 Dk-1 and I like that grey-green/tan with black accent squiggles test camo scheme you used.
                    Those M41 modernization builds were fun. I sold one of them recently and the other was stripped for parts and reworked into another modernized/updated configuration. Working on a T49 “test bed” tank right now (M41 lower hull and XM551 Sheridan turret). The M41 chassis is such a versatile platform to build on.

Comment

Working...
                    X