X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK6 Control Board Conversion

I am thinking of converting an old Henglong King Tiger Porsche turret (3888-1) from an older control board (RX-18) to the new TK 6.0 offered by MotionRC. I had a few questions regarding switching the control boards:

Is the installation of the new board easy? (plug and play or is it more involved?)

do I need to buy a new remote or can I bind the old remote with the new board somehow?

Thank you for any answers!

It is not 100% plug and play, but still it is relatively easy if you have any R/C background. You will need the HL 6.0 transmitter to bind with the 6.0 control board. Also it is helpful to have all the new 6.0 wires though if you can splice wires and add plugs here and there it may not be needed.

Comment

Same question here too. I have a new TK 6.0 board inbound from China to go into my son's HL Abrams. I'm not sure of the burnt out board's version but the motor connectors are plugs, not bullets. I fear the old radio won't bind with the new board...

Comment

I'm the middle of this too. I had no idea how many JST plugs there are out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Davy101 View Post
          Same question here too. I have a new TK 6.0 board inbound from China to go into my son's HL Abrams. I'm not sure of the burnt out board's version but the motor connectors are plugs, not bullets. I fear the old radio won't bind with the new board...
          As stated above, your older none TK6.0 transmitter will not work with a new TK6.0 board. you need the TK6.0 TX as well.

Comment

Working...
          X