Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Panther

Hello fellow Tankers
    Recently received a Heng Long German Panther and really impressed with this tank. Big fun for a small price! Been running this thing all over the house "dogs hate it" shooting targets "not the dogs" and it has some good kick to the airsoft BB system. Sound system is very nice with 4 profiles and not just engine but gun barrel rotation, elevation machine gun. I plan to paint mine just for fun and I already cut the front fenders at an angle so its not so squared off and I found the tank commander is better suited to use a magnet on him and not the sticky two sided tape provided because you need him out of the way for loading the BB's or plugging in the IR battle sensor. If you take time to read through the instructions you will find a few thing there to custom tailor it to your needs or just the way you want it setup to a certain extent. I found the smoke unit is sensitive to overfilling it so be careful. There is like a cotton swab material in there and once it is over soaked will take a while to dry out. I finally pulled the lid off and squeezed it out and after assembly it started smoking right away again. Have fun and I will post some painting pics as I get going. Derek

Nice. I'm not sure which German tank to get first.

Comment

My second tank was the German King Tiger II and it is really a nice tank.

Comment

So I decided to do the metal track upgrade to this tank and give it a custom paint job as well. I used a Tamiya spray can lid cut out in the middle to use for a masking cover over the wheels. Made painting them a snap lol! the tank tracks I used a primer black after cleaning them very well with lacquer thinner then used textured paint from Home Depot in a spray can to give it some ruff dirty effects.

Comment

Decided to do this just to be different.

Comment

Final look after some color washing, Dry brush with titanium white, then some weathering powder.

Comment

Another fine job on the Pan-Tiger. Looks cool

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
                  Hello fellow Tankers
                  Recently received a Heng Long German Panther and really impressed with this tank. Big fun for a small price! Been running this thing all over the house "dogs hate it" shooting targets "not the dogs" and it has some good kick to the airsoft BB system. Sound system is very nice with 4 profiles and not just engine but gun barrel rotation, elevation machine gun. I plan to paint mine just for fun and I already cut the front fenders at an angle so its not so squared off and I found the tank commander is better suited to use a magnet on him and not the sticky two sided tape provided because you need him out of the way for loading the BB's or plugging in the IR battle sensor. If you take time to read through the instructions you will find a few thing there to custom tailor it to your needs or just the way you want it setup to a certain extent. I found the smoke unit is sensitive to overfilling it so be careful. There is like a cotton swab material in there and once it is over soaked will take a while to dry out. I finally pulled the lid off and squeezed it out and after assembly it started smoking right away again. Have fun and I will post some painting pics as I get going. Derek
                  I am doing the same thing to the tank crews by using magnets. Where do you buy the magnets from ? Dai

Comment

I got the magnets from Home Depot over in the hardware department by the screws.

Comment

Amazon is also a good source for all types and sizes of magnets.
                      Steve

Comment

Friends...this is not german Panther, but tiger I hl3818 + something ugly up the down part.good thing for fun or parts for other hl tanks. Panther G hl .is realy nice and good tank. With jagdpanther hl is in scene killer duo.jagdpanther is in our post office for me.so wait...after the monday will be some photos of me pzwaffe.bye

Comment

Working...
                        X