X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR Battle ready vs Detail?

What do most folks do between detailing their model versus IR battle ready? I watched a video and it was recommended that you remove all the pop off detail parts for battle as they can get knocked off and lost during a battle. Do you just have a "battle" version with heavy duty running gear and a separate model that gets all the love?

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
    What do most folks do between detailing their model versus IR battle ready? I watched a video and it was recommended that you remove all the pop off detail parts for battle as they can get knocked off and lost during a battle. Do you just have a "battle" version with heavy duty running gear and a separate model that gets all the love?
    I don’t know what you watched but it sounds like they routinely crash their tanks into each other. No one I have ever battled with would want to play with them. Take a look at the photos in “IR tank in attack” or the tank photo threads. Lots of detailed parts on those fighting tanks.

Not saying it doesn’t happen having a small detail part ripped off by field obstacles, but it is not that very common to see even for someone like me that drives and fights his tanks much more aggressively then most.

If it worries you to have the possibility to loose a small accessory piece then don’t put it on the tank. The reality is you will spend more time just driving and enjoying your tank at home vs IR battling it with others. It is during these time more parts are lost off tanks then any other in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I don’t know what you watched but it sounds like they routinely crash their tanks into each other. No one I have ever battled with would want to play with them. Take a look at the photos in “IR tank in attack” or the tank photo threads. Lots of detailed parts on those fighting tanks.

Not saying it doesn’t happen having a small detail part ripped off by field obstacles, but it is not that very common to see even for someone like me that drives and fights his tanks much more aggressively then most.

If it worries you to have the possibility to loose a small accessory piece then don’t put it on the tank. The reality is you will spend more time just driving and enjoying your tank at home vs IR battling it with others. It is during these time more parts are lost off tanks then any other in my experience.
      OK, that makes me feel better. Having an IR battle with a sucky looking tank just didn't appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post

OK, that makes me feel better. Having an IR battle with a sucky looking tank just didn't appeal.
        Exactly!!!!! The majority of folks find it is much more enjoyable to watch smartly detailed and painted tanks with personality fighting, then bland strip down ones with no personality fighting.

Paint and detail away!!! You will get more enjoyment from it both on and off the field. Don’t forget to add photos of your tank to the gallery so we can enjoy your tank too.

Comment

While no one goes out to have tank on tank contact, it still can happen. Also you could hit a bush or building on the battle field. Then there is always the crap happens, like when I took a hill wrong and rolled my Sherman. Just getting the tank from the shelf loaded in to the car can result in bumps and dings. If you play with it, it will get dinged up. I just call it battle wear.

Comment

I agree with Rudinater and Rubicon, it is much more fun to detail a tank and pay no mind to the occasional bush or scratch. Attaching striking another tank is rare. More often it's rolling the tank into a ditch while firing and looking the other way! But that's why we stock the Plastic Parts Sets, and the additional scratches are "weathering".

On many of these tanks, most of the exposed perimeters that would be the first part of the tank to hit an obstacle are the corners and sides. Typically, most tanks don't have many greeblies hanging off at those points, anyway. Many of the handles and detail are on the turret or upper surfaces of the hull, not the sides.

In rough running, the piece I tend to break the most on all my 20+ HL tanks is the Leopard's compartment handle on the side of the hull. I 3D printed a bunch of spares and leave them in the Commander's cupola to pop in as I scrape them off against ditch walls and branches.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
            X