X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAF Tank Museum in VA / RC Tank Battle for Mar. 28th

I just got confirmation from museum director (Natasha Gasser) that the museum in Danville VA, is closed by order of the Governor through the end of April 2020. The first RC tank battle of the season was to be this Sa. on the 28th. I was going to take my new T90 & L2A6 and go see what this RC tank warfare was all about. Bummer! Oh well the next regularly scheduled battle is currently set for May 30 2020. Hopefully the world will be 'safe' again by then. It is said that their 'battlefield' is the largest (indoor) RC tank field in the world! I went to the museum last summer and saw it all (no RC battles that day...it was AWESOME. Any vet or armor enthusiast owes it to themselves to go see this amazing collection of tanks and numerous other exhibits! I served on Vulcan cannon systems 1982-1988. Here are some pics from my visit there last summer. check it out at www.aaftankmuseum.com

Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post
    I just got confirmation from museum director (Natasha Gasser) that the museum in Danville VA, is closed by order of the Governor through the end of April 2020. The first RC tank battle of the season was to be this Sa. on the 28th. I was going to take my new T90 & L2A6 and go see what this RC tank warfare was all about. Bummer! Oh well the next regularly scheduled battle is currently set for May 30 2020. Hopefully the world will be 'safe' again by then. It is said that their 'battlefield' is the largest (indoor) RC tank field in the world! I went to the museum last summer and saw it all (no RC battles that day...it was AWESOME. Any vet or armor enthusiast owes it to themselves to go see this amazing collection of tanks and numerous other exhibits! I served on Vulcan cannon systems 1982-1988. Here are some pics from my visit there last summer. check it out at www.aaftankmuseum.com
    Keep in mind AAF battles require tanks to comply with all the Tamiya IR battle protocols and then they have a few others on top of those. Must have either barrel recoil or barrel flash, IR bulb must be recessed in the tank or barrel at least 9mm and not be faster then 3mph (not scale 3mph).

Currently HengLong tanks don’t not comply with all the Tamiya battle protocols, barrel recoil(some models), or IR bulb depth. Flash is easy to add though.

Just make sure you have your tanks in compliance with their rules or they will not let you use them on the field in a battle.

Comment

Working...
    X