X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding up Tank firing

Is there a way to speed up the firing sequence? I have a HL Sherman and it seems to take a long time for the cannon to fire. Would disabling the cannon recoil or BB function complete the circuit faster for the IR pulse? Does the IR pulse begin at initial firing initiation and continue through the final firing sequence? I'm just thinking about taking snap shots from cover in an IR battle.

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
    Is there a way to speed up the firing sequence? I have a HL Sherman and it seems to take a long time for the cannon to fire. Would disabling the cannon recoil or BB function complete the circuit faster for the IR pulse? Does the IR pulse begin at initial firing initiation and continue through the final firing sequence? I'm just thinking about taking snap shots from cover in an IR battle.
    Unplug the motor for the airsoft gun and splice the yellow wires together for the recoil. This will retain recoil and cannon sound yet allows the IR to fire (about once every 1.5 seconds). You still have to press the fire button sequence each time . The cannon sound and recoil (even when stock) are not timed to the IR bulb firing. The bulb fires immediately after the cannon sound and recoil. There is no way to adjust this, it is in the programming of the MFU.

You can also fire the IR by firing the MG and holding the trigger down. Again the IR bulb will fire about every 1.5 seconds as long as the MG is firing. I would not do this in club play you will quickly upset everyone!

Comment

Just so I understand, it's not acceptable to hold down the machine gun for quicker firing. Is it still acceptable if I rewire out the BB cannon function?

Which yellow wires do I splice? In "A" or Picture "B"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	YellowWires_01.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	247297

Name:	YellowWires_B.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	247298

Comment

Just so I understand, it's not acceptable to hold down the machine gun for quicker firing. Is it still acceptable if I rewire out the BB cannon function?

Which yellow wires do I splice? In "A" or Picture "B"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	YellowWires_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	247297
        Click image for larger version  Name:	YellowWires_B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	247298
        Yes most IR battle groups or clubs want no BB functionality for safety reason. No it is not acceptable to hold done the MG trigger. Tanks have set rates of fire based on the weight class. 3-5-9 seconds, Light Medium Heavy. Would kind of be hard to explain how a 30cal MG killed an Abrams or King Tiger with frontal or side hits.

Yes the yellow wire in your first picture. I usually splice it close to where it plugs into the MFU and remove the rest of the unused wire. This helps reduce the volume of wires crammed into the tank.

Comment

Sounds good. Just tie the two yellow wires together that goes to the micro switch.
          I figure since had it all apart now would be a good time to tidy things up a bit..

Thank you!

Comment

Sounds good. Just tie the two yellow wires together that goes to the micro switch.
            I figure since had it all apart now would be a good time to tidy things up a bit..

Thank you!
            While its apart why not add the barrel flash too. Your not going to be using the BB functionality. Simple run an LED down the barrel and plug it into the “launch/flashing light” slot on the MFU with small JST 2 plug (slot #1)
            Attached Files

Comment

Didn't think of that, good idea! What's the best LED for barrel flash? Any particular part number?

Comment

The inner barrel has an approximate diameter of 6mm for the 6mm Airsoft BB. So, a 5mm LED, amber, works well and is the simplest to install. The entire process can be completed in 15 minutes including take down and reassembly.

In the Panther G thread, I posted my 3DP muzzle brake which I designed to fit a larger LED, the same footprint that we use in Freewing's DayBright LEDs, except this one was amber color. This LED is too wide to fit inside the stock barrel, which is why a new muzzle brake was printed to conceal the LED within its larger area.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Didn't think of that, good idea! What's the best LED for barrel flash? Any particular part number?
                  I just used some simple cheap ones I got off Amazon. Any “smallish” LED should work. Color is up to you. I’ve use white, yellow and orange in the past. I prefer white it shows up better in brighter lighting.

Comment

I’m guessing I have to remove the entire breech assembly and fish the wires out somewhere?

Comment

I’m guessing I have to remove the entire breech assembly and fish the wires out somewhere?
                      Yes. Or simply remove the entire motors assembly as shown. Takes 30 seconds to saw off. Then run the wires down the barrel an out the bottom of the breach.

This is from my T34 build.

Name:	C3D9F7D3-C94E-46D5-92BA-DA5DD2086FE5.jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	247334

Comment

I got to looking at it. Maybe I could run the wires out the pellet feed ramp? Will have to dig into it a little more otherwise I'll do what you did and just cut it all off...

Comment

I hope I didn't screw this up but I just drilled a 3/16 hole in the area between the metal barrel and the piston.

Name:	BarrelFlash_01.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	247365

Name:	BarrelFlash_02.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	247366

Comment

I hope I didn't screw this up but I just drilled a 3/16 hole in the area between the metal barrel and the piston.

Name:	BarrelFlash_01.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	247365

Name:	BarrelFlash_02.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	247366
                            Looks good!!!

Comment

Next question, where do I wire the barrel flash LED?
                              In the Number 1, [LED 1] "Launch/Flashing light" two pin slot?

Name:	HL_TK60_MFU1024.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	247376

Comment

Yes the number 1 slot.

Comment

Thank you..again! Now I just need to wait on the LED's to get here. Ordered a variety to see which ones might work better.
                                  5mm 6v Pre-Wired Warm / Soft White LED - Ultra Bright (4v, 5v, 6v)
                                  Item# 6V5MMPREWIREDWARMWHITE
                                  5mm Flat Top Concave Wide Angle Cool / Clear White LED - Similar to Christmas LED Lights
                                  Item# 5MMFLATTOPCONCAVELEDCOOLWHITE
                                  5mm Round Top Cool / Clear White LED - Ultra Bright
                                  Item# 5MMROUNDTOPCOOLWHITE
                                  5mm Straw Hat Wide Angle Cool / Clear White LED - Ultra Bright
                                  Item# 5MMSTRAWHATLEDCOOLWHITE
                                  5mm Piranha Cool / Clear White LED - Ultra Bright Superflux
                                  Item# 5MMPIRANHALEDCOOLWHITE

Comment

LED's arrived and wired.

Questions:
                                    1) Do you position the LED so it's flush with the muzzle for maximum effect or do you set it back a couple mm so it's not so obvious in the barrel?
                                    2) Do you use a gob of silicon sealant to keep the LED in place?

Comment

LED's arrived and wired.

Questions:
                                      1) Do you position the LED so it's flush with the muzzle for maximum effect or do you set it back a couple mm so it's not so obvious in the barrel?
                                      2) Do you use a gob of silicon sealant to keep the LED in place?
                                      For flash LEDs I set them back about 1/4” (5mm). I secure them by their lead wires inside the turret where they come out of the breach with a small amount of silicone so the bulb can’t move forward. I don’t glue the bulbs as they may need replacing at some point and glueing them in can make that rather difficult.

Comment

Rubicon99 OK, Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                        X