X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box or drive train issue

I have an Old Stug that I converted to 6.0 and when I run it forward it veers to the right and when go backwards it will run straight? I did the electronic trim and it will go straight forward then veer when in reverse. Any insight into this would be a big help where to look. Thanks fella's.

Sounds like a motor issue vs a 6.0 issues. It’s time consuming but try swapping the motors around and see what happens. If the issue changes sides it is motor related if it does not it is 6.0 related.

Comment

I went through the drive train all seems fine. Even greased the gears more. So I will change the motors around, for me no big deal to see whats up.
      By the way thanks for all your help here and responding so fast.

Comment

I.have had swop about my motors had all sorts left was rigjt right was left backwards was forward i had this before had to swap the leads over to oppersite sides on tk 6.0 and change moters leads so negative was possative and vice verser works fine have work out what to do for yoor tank.

Comment

I have converted 6 old HL tanks and it is odd that about half of them I had to switch leads on the motors to match the wire colors to the 6.0 units. I just had the one mentioned about with the veering strangely. Usually if there is a gear box issue it will be constant forward and reverse. I thought maybe the polarity change might have something to do with but I have other tanks with the polarity change that work just fine. I have other motors and TU's that I will switch out to get it run straight. Might even order some new steel geared TU's for Motion to switch it out. Just need to figure out which ones I need to get. Like Rubicon mentioned it is a motor issue. and I am not real crazy about the old zinc TU's. Sound like and old "combine" when they are run. The new tanks I just received run sooo much nicer. Just didn't want the old tanks to be shelf queens.

Comment

Working...
          X