Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long T-72 controller functions changed

Hi,
    I do not know much about RC vehicles, but my son just got the Heng Long T-72 tank as a gift. We made our way through the instruction manual and got it put together. It seemed to work great for a couple minutes, all functions working as they were supposed to. Then, I think he hit some combination of buttons that changed what the control sticks control. It used to be that control stick 1 controlled both the side/side and up/down of the turret and control stick 2 controlled the side/side and forward/backward of the tank. Now, control stick 1 makes the turret go side/side and the tank go forward/back and control stick 2 makes the turret go up/down and the tank go side/side. Does anyone know how we managed to change those functions and how to change them back? I've looked through the manuals a dozen times and it doesn't even say it's possible to change those settings anywhere.

Thank you!
    Amber

Hi Amber,
    Try holding down button "G" and at the same time moving Control Stick 1 down.
    Should fix it,
    Steve

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we were sent a faulty charger. I noticed the green light was very dim when it was charging at first. The tank worked perfectly for about 10 min, then died with no warning. We tried to charge the battery for the recommended 2 hours and the tank wouldn't turn on. So, I left it plugged in overnight. Still won't turn on. And now, instead of being dim, the green light on the charger doesn't light up at all. I don't have any other chargers that will work for this tank and am reluctant to buy another cheap charger from the company (it seriously feels lighter than any charger I've ever had for products). Do you have a recommendation for charger type? I'm going to see if the company will send another one, but not sure if they will.

Comment

If the place you bought the tank won't send you a new charger I have a few I no longer use and could send you one.
        Just send me a private message with your address and I'll drop one in the mail.
        Steve

Comment

That's so nice, thanks! I'll let you know if we need to take you up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambercvm View Post
            Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we were sent a faulty charger. I noticed the green light was very dim when it was charging at first. The tank worked perfectly for about 10 min, then died with no warning. We tried to charge the battery for the recommended 2 hours and the tank wouldn't turn on. So, I left it plugged in overnight. Still won't turn on. And now, instead of being dim, the green light on the charger doesn't light up at all. I don't have any other chargers that will work for this tank and am reluctant to buy another cheap charger from the company (it seriously feels lighter than any charger I've ever had for products). Do you have a recommendation for charger type? I'm going to see if the company will send another one, but not sure if they will.
            The stock HL battery and charger are JUNK and need to be thrown out first thing after the box is opened. Motion RC has a 3500 MaH battery specifically for the T72&T90. I am sure they also have a quality charger you can buy as well. You will thank yourself for investing in both.

Comment

Working...
            X