X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/16 Scale Zimmerit Scraper/Roller Tool

Anybody know where I can get a 1/16 Zimmerit roller at? Or maybe that can 3D print one? I see plenty of things for 1/35. Looks like the ready made stuff is all sold out everywhere... Looking for KT kit.

SF, I presume you've seen this set. Trumpeter Zimmerit Application Tool Set (5-Piece) https://www.amazon.com/Trumpeter-Zim.../dp/B003M2N2LM . It's like $49.95 on Amazon. 3DP would be simple enough, \would need to know TPI or TPC for scale, I'm guessin'. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I've seen that one; unless I'm mistaken its this set which doesn't include a 1/16 size tool:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	zimmerit tool.jpg
Views:	1804
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	252550

Comment

sfcfury, gotta have the TPI/TPC for 1/35th, so we count the number of TPI or TPC of the 1/35th tool, divide by 2.1875 = 1/16th scale TPI TPC. Then it's simple, design a saw-tooth for 3DP. I'll help with an STL file, just need the tooth count for 1/35th. I presume you're wanting the 'scraping type' tool and not a roller. The yutoob vids I've seen used the scraping method and it looks really easy. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

And roger! Perhaps a roller and scraper lol.

Comment

[ATTACH]n253054[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]n253055[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]n253056[/ATTACH]

Tankers, With a major assist from sfcfury, and as requested, here are 3 different widths of 1/16th Scale Scrapers for 3DP to assist in applying a "Zimmerit" Style coating to your vehicle. The 'grooves' are just over 2mm on center. Spacing is 1mm +/- and these are 1mm + in height. Any other improvement suggestions concerning these, let me know here in this thread. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	16th_Zimmerit_Tools_3.JPG
Views:	1246
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	253057
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
            X