Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R99, do you have a response for the post from Oldwolf :-) ?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
      R99, do you have a response for the post from Oldwolf :-) ?
      Look at the numbers for both and decide based off of the numbers and your intended use. For LA type battling either will work well as the fighting is at close range and largely in shaded areas not in direct sunlight. In SD or PHX type battles with there longer ranges and bright sunlight then the more powerful bulb performs better.

I bought dozens of the more power bulbs to keep on hand for use in my tanks because of the more demanding long range environments they will be used in.

You can also use HL bulbs which are actually pretty good and only just a little less powerful. The HL bulbs are better then the Tamiyas but not quite as good as the HP point noise bulbs. In testing Rich and I did we found that the HL bulbs have about 20-50 feet less maximum constant hit range (variation based on the light levels and battery charge) as the pointed HP bulbs when fired at a Tamiya DMD/MFU system using a TBU. Tamiya stock bulbs are only good for about 90ft in moderate sunlight. The HL and HP pointed bulbs are good out to 150ft+.

The HP point noise excel in the extreme long range and can score hits at ranges out to 200ft with a 50% hit rate in moderate sunlight. The HL bulbs can also hit at 200ft but their hit rate is less then 25% which means it misses enough for me to consider it ineffective at 200ft. So unless you need to shoot really really really far then a HL bulb or Tamiya bulb will work well for you too and are easier to come by.

Comment

Working...
      X