X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 pin plugs for TK6.0

What size plug does one need for the lights and LED emitter ports on a HL TK6.X board? Thanks!

The LED ports for the HL Tk6.xx series MFCB's use "Dupont" style connectors at 2.54mm.

If you're making your own use the black series like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CN-DU-H02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	257017
    I tried using these red ones but since they have extra ridges they can't be used with an additional plug next to it but will work if you take an Exacto to them and shave the ridges down. More trouble than it's worth..

Click image for larger version  Name:	img1_med.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.8 KB ID:	257018

You can buy pre-made leads like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Female...0695526&sr=8-3

or if you have a crimper tool you can buy a kit with 1-8 pin plugs but for Heng Long and most other RC tank MFU's you won't need anything more than 2 pin plugs.

Just noted that 3-pin plugs are used for the HL 6.1 MFCB. Either standard JR servo or "Dupont" style 3-pin at 2.54mm pitch

Last edited by Beeg; May 28, 2020, 02:27 PM. Reason: Added information..

Comment

Yup, I used the red one for the LED emitter on the 6.1 temporarily. Ordered a correct set. Thanks!

Comment

I did a little spreadsheet and merged it with an MFCB image of the different plugs for the Heng Long MFCB's I'm pretty sure I got them all correct at least for the 6.0 units. Since I don't have a 6.1 I can't verify the CN13-16 plugs. And I'm assuming the "S" series have the same plugs/arrangement. If any of them are not correct please let me know.

Edited the spreadsheet to include what voltages I could get out of my worn out old volt meter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HL_MFCB_PlugsVoltage.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	257120

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
          I did a little spreadsheet and merged it with an MFCB image of the different plugs for the Heng Long MFCB's I'm pretty sure I got them all correct at least for the 6.0 units. Since I don't have a 6.1 I can't verify the CN13-16 plugs. And I'm assuming the "S" series have the same plugs/arrangement. If any of them are not correct please let me know.

This is excellent information for those new to the tank hobby. I hope it ends up in a “sticky” thread.

Comment

I'll vouch for the 6.1 "Dupont" CN13-16 (2 and 3 pin configurations). Great Job, thanks!

Comment

OK, thanks. I just noticed I also left out a couple plugs. I'm updating a new image and hopefully will have even more useful information as well.

Comment

I went ahead and expanded the spreadsheet for easier reference...Still needs more info but it's a start..

Name:	HL_MFCB_PlugsVoltage.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	257244

Comment

Thanks for putting the time and effort into this, Beeg. It will be very helpful.

Comment

I'm still not sure about the IR Emitter voltage (CN15). I think since it's such a rapid pulse my old Craftsmen voltmeter can't get a good read on the voltage. I would suspect it's actually in the 3-3.5v range..

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                      I'm still not sure about the IR Emitter voltage (CN15). I think since it's such a rapid pulse my old Craftsmen voltmeter can't get a good read on the voltage. I would suspect it's actually in the 3-3.5v range..
                      That’s about right.

Comment

For some reason the forum keeps resizing the image. Probably because it's too long with the MFU images attached...here they are in two separate images..

Click image for larger version  Name:	HL_MFCB_Plugs2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	257568

Click image for larger version  Name:	HL_MFCB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	257569

Comment

I made some special plug/wire leads to plug directly in the sockets with clips for the voltmeter probes so I could get readings I was having having trouble with. I was getting solid corrected [battery] voltage from the "BB Launch" (CN10), a good 3.3volts from the IR Emitter (CN15) and 3.3volts for the "Aiming/Search Light" [LED 2].
                          Attached is the corrected image.

Name:	HL_MFCB_Plugs.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	257784

Comment

Working...
                          X