X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with new heng long king tiger pro

Hi all, I’m newish to rc tanks and just received my heng long king tiger pro today. On testing before fitting out it seems not to like spinning right, seems to keep locking up... Its ok turning right when driving. It does it sometimes and others just judders etc.
    Any ideas out there, tracks too loose etc ?
    thanks
    steve

Stevebick Welcome to the forum, Steve! If you have cause to believe one of the tracks is behaving improperly compared to the other (poor stationary spinning in one direction as you describe), a quick way to visually compare the track tension is to prop up the tank's lower hull onto a cup or narrow brick and let the tracks hang unsupported. This allows you to visually compare if one of them is looser (hangs lower) than the other. Sometimes during a stationary spin, a track that is too loose will krinkle at the rear. In your case, that is the idler, because the sprocket is at the front.

Post a photo and the tank gurus can probably help diagnose better.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Stevebick View Post
      Hi all, I’m newish to rc tanks and just received my heng long king tiger pro today. On testing before fitting out it seems not to like spinning right, seems to keep locking up... Its ok turning right when driving. It does it sometimes and others just judders etc.
      Any ideas out there, tracks too loose etc ?
      thanks
      steve
      Make sure your sprockets are bolted on tight. Also make sure your track is correctly seated on the road wheels and idler wheel.

The real King Tigers were like the Panthers prone to being finicky and often had track issues. The same appeals to your scaled down King Tiger .

Comment

My Abrams came out of the box with one track not seated correctly on the sprocket. per above, that's a common issue.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks all, the right track does hang more than the left, I will take it off and check sprocket and idler wheels

Comment

Working...
          X