X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we talk 1:35th scale?

I know we are focused on 1:16 scale tanks here, mostly Heng Long. I hope this isn't too far out of the box, so to speak.

Tamiya makes a 1:35 scale WW1 Mk.4 tank.....wait for it....one version being r/c! Two motors and gear trains, 2.4g tx and MFU. Has anybody else here seen/played with one? There's a lot of info on youtube. I have one on order. Wouldn't a 1:16 scale version be spectacular? I wonder how they'd compare size-wise?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk 4.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	260391
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

That'd be awesome alright, imagine the mayhem you could cause with TWO ir cannon

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      I know we are focused on 1:16 scale tanks here, mostly Heng Long. I hope this isn't too far out of the box, so to speak.

Tamiya makes a 1:35 scale WW1 Mk.4 tank.....wait for it....one version being r/c! Two motors and gear trains, 2.4g tx and MFU. Has anybody else here seen/played with one? There's a lot of info on youtube. I have one on order. Wouldn't a 1:16 scale version be spectacular? I wonder how they'd compare size-wise?

Name:	Mk 4.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	260391
      Warning YOU WILL get BAND for posting 1/35 scale RC blasphemy!!!!!!

Just kidding LOL its all great stuff! Post away the more diversity the better👍👍😘

Comment

*Cough* IR battle ready, independent suspension, 2.4Ghz, 320 degree turret, one-piece molded rubber tracks, 1/30 scale... ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	260419

p.s. I love all tanks, especially the early Mk.IV, so I say YES TO ALL. Let us know how you like Tamiya's Mk.IV Male!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Warning YOU WILL get BAND for posting 1/35 scale RC blasphemy!!!!!!

Just kidding LOL its all great stuff! Post away the more diversity the better👍👍😘
          How about if I call it a Goliath Tracked Mine in 1:16 scale? Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by saunderspeter071@gmail.com View Post
            That'd be awesome alright, imagine the mayhem you could cause with TWO ir cannon
            Speaking of 1:35 and multiple cannons, here’s my vote fo the next Heng Long subject, the Russian T-35 tank. (See how I linked the “35”?) Five turrets, there are two more behind the main one. It would need an r/c crew of five, but what a killer on the club battlefields!

Name:	1C582640-C59E-4CA0-9695-714A17FEBE97.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	260472

Comment

Give it 5 fpv cameras, what is beast.

Comment

Here's the one I was thinking of making an rc, till I got the price for fruil metal tracks. More than the model was worth. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_091212.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	260602

Comment

My Mk 4 arrived today.

Name:	6623DE89-A2F8-4873-8230-B8AE069C0271.jpeg
Views:	664
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	261230

Very high quality kit, many well molded parts, comprehensive instructions. Also included is a photo sheet of the real one at Bovington Tank Museum. 2.4g RC control is proportional, they say, in speed and steering controlled by one Tx stick. There are 4 speed ranges selected by buttons on the Tx.

Tracks, critical for this subject, are hard plastic individual links, easily snapped together. This is going to be fun!

Name:	8861E3DD-21D9-4E3F-B6AF-61BF82C33D77.jpeg
Views:	597
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	261229

This guy costs a bunch, around $200. More than HL tanks, but that range is exceptional. I’d say this one is worth it, if you want a WW1 RC tank! As I used to say to customers, money is just fun you haven’t had yet.

Let me know if you’d like more info as I proceed on this project.

Comment

I FINALLY got this done. The original transmitter was defective, and what with the scarcity of those parts and business delays due to Covid, it took two months to get it to run.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0745.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	183.5 KB ID:	270142

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0744.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	270143

I've also posted a short video clip on Instagram, actually two of them. Here's a link to one, the other is next to it.

Comment

Bump.

I started this thread a year and a half ago. Since my last post in 8/20, this guy has languished on a shelf. Not so anymore! The original Tamiya control board was a nightmare, erratic and finally dead. I was in between projects today, and I got to thinking, usually a dangerous and expensive situation, but sometimes productive. I had a 1:30 scale Heng Long tank destined to be the guts for a future conversion of a Mig/Takom PzKpfw 1 Breda from the Spanish Civil War. The main board runs two motors, on 3.7V and has sound! Short story long, it took me less than an hour to yank the Tamiya board and install the HL board.

Name:	IMG_E1996.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	333032

Name:	IMG_E1995.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	333033

Name:	IMG_E1994.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	333034

Here's a really short clip just to prove it runs:

Comment

Seems like a hundred years ago, Tamiya had a line of 1/35 scale 'wire drive' and I think free running Tanks..

We used to take ole Futaba 2GS systems and flip the right stick to operate vertical and used the servo amplifiers to drive the tank motors..

Really early R/C tank stuff... I recall having a Tiger 1, King Tiger, and a Sheridan..

Not to shabby for twelve or thirteen year old kids.. lol

Tamiya Flakpanzer Gepard
                        Torro M4A3 (76) Sherman
                        HL M4A3 Sherman
                        Torro Late Tiger 1
                        Torro Panther G
                        HL Jagdpanther
                        HL Early Tiger 1
                        HL King Tiger
                        HL Panzer III
                        HL T-34/85
                        HL Stug III

Comment

Here are a couple more recent photos:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mk 4 06.JPG Views:	0 Size:	206.4 KB ID:	339652

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mk 4 08.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	339653

And a recent video:

Comment

Hello again Bob.
                            (you seem to be everywhere)
                            Fantastic, glad you made it work.
                            I'll try to get a very skilled 35scaler from RCG to join your thread.
                            CCC

Comment

Working...
                            X